Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2017, 02:24 PM   #1
montanaone
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1
Smile The Times They Are Changing

Dear Valued Members of the MOC,

It is with mixed emotions that I write the following...

As you can see the software that runs our site has been upgraded. It is a big change and we know it will take everyone a little while to get settled. If you have questions on how to do something, please post over in our new Software Q & A discussion forum.

The other big news that I am pleased to tell you about is that the Montana Owners Club will now be part of the RV Life Network. RV Life runs many other RV forums such as www.iRV2.com, www.RedwoodOwners.com and www.KeystoneForums.com along with some other popular RV blogs such as Do It Yourself RV and RV LIFE.

Andy, the founder of the RV Life network approached me about the MOC last year. The timing was excellent for me as I had already spoken to the folks at Montana to see if they wanted to take over the site, they really preferred not to take it over. I have become long in the tooth so I was just about to call it quits and close the site when Andy approached me.

As you can see they invested heavily in the community figuring out how to convert the software from the previous platform we were on with ForumCo. This is new forum is a great new format. From my conversations with Andy, I know he and his team are going to take care of all of you members and help the MOC flourish in the years to come.

It's been a pleasure serving you all for the past 14 years plus. Many life long friendships have been formed because of the MOC, along with wealth of information you all have so generously shared. I ask you to please keep our Mission statement in mind, on this new format. Be respectful & follow the few rules we had. We are proud of what we created on November 4, 2002. Please give Andy along with his team the same courtesies you extended to us. That is why we are the best RV Discussion Forum on the World Wide Web. With a tear in my eye, I bid you a goodbye. With a sigh of relief I turn this over to Andy to allow him to post his introduction so you have the opportunity to get to know him and his team. I am certain he will take very good care of you.

We will miss all of you members; who have come to feel like dear friends.

All my best,
the MOC Administrator

montanaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:08 PM   #2
Andy R
Site Team

M.O.C. #18768
MOC Admin,

Thanks for fostering this community over the last 15 years! Everyone owes you a tremendous amount of gratitude for your hard work.

To MOC Members,

I know it can be hard to handle big changes. Today the membership here has not one but two changes to digest. We understand that we have to earn your trust. We are going to help everyone through these changes and as a result end up with a stronger community/club.

A bit about me....

I started my first forum on Airstream Trailers in 2002. Through a few random twists of fate I ended up adopting a couple of other forums in 2004. As time passed I grew more and more fascinated with online forum communities, listening to the members and trying to find solutions to their needs. For example on thing we added was an RSVP system so members can more easily plan their potluck dinners at rallies. When warranted, we would install a classified system so members could list their trailers. Another We installed a review system so members could leave reviews of campgrounds.

In 2005 I left my day job and decided to go live abroad where the dollar could be stretched. I did this so I could afford to live and work with forums full time. I ended up spending nearly 5 years living on the cheap on 6 continents. It was lots of fun and I met my wife along the way (she's from Brazil).

As time passed I noticed the that the Airstream Forum was too small to get comprehensive reviews for the thousands of campgrounds in the country. That's when I reached out to the owner of www.campgroundreviews.com and we worked out a deal. Later we added some other RV related content sites like www.RVLife.com and www.DoItYourselfRV.com. We also run other forums like www.KeystoneForums.com, www.RedwoodOwners.com, and www.iRV2.com. I call all these sites together the RV Life Network.

I never set out with a vision to create a network of RV sites. It just sort of happened slowly over 15 years. I've been blessed to have met so many wonderful people along the way. I get to work some some amazing Mods and Admins, it's a real treat.

You will notice some other new faces of people who help work with me to foster our online communities. Janet is my right hand woman. She's just amazing and will be here checking in, answering questions, working to build a Mod/Admin team and helping out however she can.

You will notice a new account called Tech Admin. Our server admin will login under that account (Mike). Our graphics designer (another fellow named Andy) and our software developer too (Jeff). When they post they will sign with their names so you know who it was. It's sort of a shared account that we use for the technical people who help keep the lights on.

I did sign the contract for the 2017 Rally. It's going to happen at the Elkhart Fairgrounds just like it has in the past. We are on the schedule (check the link below).
http://4hfair.org/rv/rvrallies/

We don't have all the details worked out yet but plan to work with you all to learn about who's going to be the Wagon Master and then work to support the Wagon Master as much as possible. We have similar rallies on the other RV forums so hopefully we can bring over some processes we have developed to streamline things like online registration to sign-up. We are also all ears so we want to learn how you do things here and hopefully learn some tricks to help the other forums with their rallies.

As I said earlier, changes are hard. We understand that and will be here to support you through this transition. If you have any questions, please ask.

I look forward to getting to know you all better in the years to come.

Kind Regards,

Andy R
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 09:53 AM   #3
Janet H
Site Team

M.O.C. #19422
Send a message via AIM to Janet H Send a message via MSN to Janet H
Hello everyone - just checking in. I work with Andy and will be around to help out as needed. We've had a lot of change in the past few days - you should find some nice new forum features including added spam barriers, attachment capabilities and the addition of avatars.

In the meantime please let me know if you have issues or concerns and I'll try to address them. It will take some time to get to know the community and Site Team but now that camping season is about to start, I suspect there'll be lots of folks around to offer input.

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 11:45 AM   #4
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
WOW: That's a lot of changes for sure but one can't resist change. Slowly getting familiar with the new site.

Glad to have the MOC family back on line as the withdrawal symptoms were starting to settle in!!!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 11:52 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanaadministrator View Post
Dear Valued Members of the MOC,

It is with mixed emotions that I write the following...

As you can see the software that runs our site has been upgraded. It is a big change and we know it will take everyone a little while to get settled. If you have questions on how to do something, please post over in our new Software Q & A discussion forum.

The other big news that I am pleased to tell you about is that the Montana Owners Club will now be part of the RV Life Network. RV Life runs many other RV forums such as www.iRV2.com, www.RedwoodOwners.com and www.KeystoneForums.com along with some other popular RV blogs such as Do It Yourself RV and RV LIFE.

Andy, the founder of the RV Life network approached me about the MOC last year. The timing was excellent for me as I had already spoken to the folks at Montana to see if they wanted to take over the site, they really preferred not to take it over. I have become long in the tooth so I was just about to call it quits and close the site when Andy approached me.

As you can see they invested heavily in the community figuring out how to convert the software from the previous platform we were on with ForumCo. This is new forum is a great new format. From my conversations with Andy, I know he and his team are going to take care of all of you members and help the MOC flourish in the years to come.

It's been a pleasure serving you all for the past 14 years plus. Many life long friendships have been formed because of the MOC, along with wealth of information you all have so generously shared. I ask you to please keep our Mission statement in mind, on this new format. Be respectful & follow the few rules we had. We are proud of what we created on November 4, 2002. Please give Andy along with his team the same courtesies you extended to us. That is why we are the best RV Discussion Forum on the World Wide Web. With a tear in my eye, I bid you a goodbye. With a sigh of relief I turn this over to Andy to allow him to post his introduction so you have the opportunity to get to know him and his team. I am certain he will take very good care of you.

We will miss all of you members; who have come to feel like dear friends.

All my best,
the MOC Administrator
We understand good friend. Thank you and your team for many years of a great forum. God be with you.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 12:48 PM   #6
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Thanx for all the years and hard work you and your team have put into the great MOC forum ,it has been a great resource for me as well as making new friends and I am sure this one will be great too!
bigskyjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 01:29 PM   #7
fatcatzzz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14438
Thanks for yours of hard work. By the way I like the looks of the new site.
fatcatzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 03:08 PM   #8
Starmaster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #16103
Smile Thanks to the old, Welcome to the new!

Thanks to the previous MOC admin (whomever you are) for setting up the site and getting it to this point.

Welcome to Andy, Janet, and the rest of the new Site Team! Its great to have a name, contact info, and some back ground info on our new admins. It looks like the site is definitely in the hands of someone(s) with the experience that can continue to make this forum the resource it has been in the past and to take it even further.

The new site is a very nice change and has an updated look and feel to it. Thanks for all the hard work associated with the new site and bringing the MOC into the "RV Life Network".

Dave
Starmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 05:43 PM   #9
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
We thank our MOC administrator for all you have done for us. I do understand how you feel. I'm growing a little long in the tooth myself and there comes a time when you need to move on with your life, turn the page and open up a new chapter. It happened to me a few years ago. I was walking from my home 75 feet to the shop and thought to myself "I would like to go walking in the woods" but I couldn't I had too much to do and at that second I decided to retire. Now
I can visit my shop but I don't haft to. I hope you will be here watch over your baby and that we live up to your high standards. When we don't please let us know. As far as we are concerned this is still your baby and we have an obligation to treat your baby with the respect it and you deserve.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 05:21 PM   #10
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
We thank you for the many years you have worked to make this a great forum. We have learned a lot, had fun at the many rallies that we have attended and made some life long friends through this forum. God speed. We look forward to our association with the new managers of this forum. Again thanks.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 06:20 PM   #11
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
Another thank you to the previous administrator for creating this wonderful resource. As a first time 5th wheel owner, I have relied heavily on the contributions of this forum. It is hard to imagine how things might have gone without the MOC. Best of luck with whatever your future holds and, again, thank you!
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:26 PM   #12
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
We would all like to shake your and thank you for what you have done for us.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 06:37 AM   #13
bish
Site Team

M.O.C. #8644
Thank you MOC Administrator for all the years support for us Montana Owners. For the Forum and the National Fall Rally in Goshen. So much has been learned making our Montana easier to own and enjoy. Looking forward to the next chapter and more good things to come

2009 10th Anniversary 3400RL, LED bulbs throughout unit, Level up, X-Factor, Wet bolts, Disc brakes, Sailun S637 tires.
bish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:49 AM   #14
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
I can't begin to explain how much the MOC has meant to us. We have had so much fun and have met so many wonderful people. We will be forever grateful to all of the people that have helped keep the MOC and its forum going all of these years.

Thanks to Mark and RV Life Network for adopting us and providing this new forum, I know better things are yet to come.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote