Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2006, 08:26 AM   #1
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
What I saw!

I could not believe it! I was traveling south on I-95 (FL) and I saw what looked like a truck towing a 5th wheel coming from the other direction. But I could not tell for sure because the front cap was way up there. I mean WAY up there. As it got closer, I saw that the rubber roof had detached from the front of the 5'r roof and was standing straight up in the air just blowing in the breeze.

Traveling in the opposite direction and no exit in site I had no way of letting them know they had a problem. I felt poor people, they have no idea what's happening to their roof. I hope wherever they were headed they arrived safe and looked up before taking off again.

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:53 AM   #2
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Isn't that frustrating when you want to help but killing yourself would be the only way you could have ever caught up with them to let them know...We were headed to the Colorado River last May when the trailer in front of us blew out 2 tires...That thing was all over the place. Luckily (or maybe not so lucky)he was right in front of us. So we slowed down and he got out and told us that he was so into listening to the BOOKS ON TAPE that it took him a few minutes to notice what had happened...In your case the guy was headed in the opposite direction...How sad. I am sure that someone going the same way will let him know...I hope so anyway...
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote