Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2019, 03:18 PM   #21
Leftie Canuk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23585
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana3610 View Post
I understand what you are saying and appreciate your thoughts. Just wanted to make sure I had the tools along with me to address any possible issues. The rear jacks are acting up right now. When I hit the keypad they stop or cut out a couple of times on the retracting process. I'm assuming there may be an issue with the touch pad, which is disappointing considering we haven't used the fifthwheel that often since we bought it in 2015. Thank you though...
If it's any consolation, we too are Montana newbies, and particularly to the Lippert hydraulic leveling and slide system. Bob Rohrman and others have been so helpful on this forum, explaining how things work, and what fixes they have made when things don't work. My strongest recommendation is to search this forum whenever you think there is a problem, and when the experience or advice comes back the same from a number of independent sources, chances are that advice or experience is something you can trust. An example for me is the 80 amp breaker issue - once I swapped out the dealer-installed 50 amp breaker, the hydraulics worked much more smoothly.
So, read the forum posts, look for consistency in the feedback, and trust the knowledge and experience of the contributors. It can save you lots of money, and headaches !

Leftie Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:42 PM   #22
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
CS... curbside refers to when you are at back of fifth wheel looking forward.

PS .. passenger side refers to the other side when at rear of fifth wheel looking forward.

Lippert uses that verbiage somewhere in one of their Service bulletins regarding the six point hyd leveling system.

Front LG comes down first during auto level , then curbside mid at rear levelers then passenger side mid and rear levelers.

If the PDF I uploaded needs some further changes to make it useful to someone please edit and change as deemed needed. It’s sole purpose is to hopefully make the whole process a little clearer for folks.
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:45 PM   #23
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
<snip>
CS... curbside refers to when you are at back of fifth wheel looking forward.

PS .. passenger side refers to the other side when at rear of fifth wheel looking forward.
</snip>

I must be missing something here. If I am standing at the back of the RV looking forward, I would think the CS and PS are both on the right.

The Driver side (DS) and Street Side (SS) are both on the left from that position.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:34 PM   #24
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
How about DS and ODS? For my hydraulic kitchen slides you are able to turn the Door Side or Off Door side slide off if only wishing to open one. Labeled that way in the door with my auto-level buttons.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:48 PM   #25
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
At the bottom of the PDF look at the Lipper wiring schematic and you'll see they refer to the solenoids as curbside and roadside. Chuck, maybe just change the PS to RS.

I have three hydraulic slides that can be switched off at the level up control panel to isolate for individual operation and they are marked DS and ODS which I read as door side and opposite door side. It is the same with the switches for the electric living room slides.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 04:10 PM   #26
Starman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23643
Great info. Thanks for the pdf file.