Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
William O. Phillips
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8088
Prices Going Up ?

I have heard from two different dealers this week that prices are going UP on the Monty 10th Anniversary Editions effective June 1. One dealer told me the prices were going up about $1500 due to Lippert raising their prices on their Monty products.

A second dealer told me as of June 1 the prices of the 10th Anniversary Editions are going up $4795.....as the 'free' 10th Anniversary Edition itmes are no longer 'free.' Anything in production as of June 1 will carry the increased price!

Anyone heard anything like this?

Bill

William O. Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 04:38 PM   #2
Caseclosed
Established Member

M.O.C. #8423
The dealers and Monty better think again have they looked at the price of fuel? Maybe they will have to lower the price $2000 to get them off the lot.
Caseclosed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 04:59 PM   #3
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
No Way! I would switch brands if they start jacking up the prices. The economy is bad and this would just not make sense right now. On the other hand the price of steel, fuel and most building materials are at an all time high. Regardless they are making a mint on these things already. There is no reason to be greedy.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:03 PM   #4
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
Trailers are selling. I just transported my fourth rv since going back to towing for Cassic Transport out of Elkhart,IN. Dealers all told me sales were good and visitor traffic to see the rv's is good. The price increase has to do with cost of steel and aluminum. The cost of transporting your RV has went up very little. Last year it was $.97 a loaded mile. This year to date it is $1.25 a loaded mile. This is a deal with fuel at $4.69 to $4.89 a gallon.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:06 PM   #5
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
How do you get involved with transporting RVs? At $1.25/loaded mile I still don't understand how it can be profitable.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 10:47 PM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
First of all what hasn't increased in price???
There isn't a single item you can buy that is not tied into the rising cost of fuel. Everything we buy today has to come by truck one way or another. If the trucking companies have to pay a higher price to get the products they haul to us than they have to pass these higher costs on down the line. I am sorry to say that that line ends at the consumer, that's us.
In order for any business, not just Montana, to remain in business they must make up the higher costs of doing business. In so doing the consumer must end up paying the price. That's just a fact of life.
In order for anyone individual to be able to enjoy their chosen lifestyle, such as RVing, they must pay the price. We can belly ache all we want to about a price increase but that's about all you can do is belly ache.
As far as the **RUMORED Montana price increase, I for one do not like paying these rising costs but if and when the time comes I will be buying a new Montana. WHY? Simple, you can bet that if Montana must raise their prices so do all the other RV manufacturers. The dealers are happy to tell you about Montana raising it costs but did that same dealer also mention the his own prices are also on the rise. One dealership I have dealt with just raised their hourly labor rate from $80.00 an hour to $120.00 an hour. Bet your dealers don't mention that to often. Me thinks I'll wait to see what Montana has to say about this rumor. I am the type of guy that like the oats fresh before the horse gets to them and not the oats that come out of the horses.....Well you know.
**I say "RUMORED" because it is just that... a rumor at this point and not a very good one at that. One dealer says "1500.00" and another says "4795.00".

Secondly..As old turbo says "Trailers are selling." The sales of fuel guzzling Class A's is in the toilet while the sales of "towables" are on the rise. How many of you know of a friend or acquaintance that has a motor home that hasn't parked it or is about ready to trade down the a 5er. Without trying I can count at least 10 that are about to buy 5ers or just unload it. In Nashville I spoke to 3- 1/4 million dollar MH owners that were very interested in the Monty I have.

Lastly, If I remember right, a $1.29 a loaded mile. Keyword is "loaded". Once you get the rig delivered to the dealer you are no longer "loaded" for the return trip. Now you must return "unloaded" and pay that cost out of your pocket and so if you are returning to Elkhart that $1.29 is now $.65 a mile and that just does not compute to any kind of money in pocket.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:23 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
June/July is model year change time (2009 models will be out) so that's when you'd expect the price increase that goes with model year changes. Also, there are usually significant changes made in mid-model year, around December. And I'd bet prices usually go up a little at that time, too. I think this is really the normal annual increase rather than an addditional increase in reaction to cost factors. I could be wrong but that's what it looks like to me.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 01:28 PM   #8
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
I agree on the prices increasing. But I also don't believe that the higher fuel prices have had the impact they might a year from now. I could be wrong, but my guess is that next year this time sales will be weaker.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote