Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2007, 12:36 AM   #1
Redrover98
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3433
Decision made Plan in gear

After long timing for quite a while and living in our Montana since Oct. of 2005. Even when we're home we stay in the Monty. We have contracted with an estate liquidator to sell all our "stuff". The sale will be next weekend. The house is going on the market that same week. Once the house is listed and we finish with a few loose ends, then home is where our RV is parked.
It is going to be sooo nice not to have to worry about if the house is ok. Fire, vandalism, yard work,etc.

Hopefully we can now meet some of you nice folks on MOC.

Dee & Trish

Redrover98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:14 AM   #2
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
I know what you mean about staying in the Monty. It's just like another room in our brick house really. Last night when dinner was ready, we both looked at each other, picked up our fixed plates and went out to eat in the Monty! Watched a little TV and then went back in to go to bed. We don't like to sleep out there when we have to work the next day, because the alarm clock is not allowed in the Monty! Enjoy your new freedom, we're working on ours.
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:10 AM   #3
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Good decision and Good Luck!!!!! I'm sure you will go through some emotional moments during this process as most of us have. My advice would be to keep focused on the reason you are doing it, for us it is the freedom to see our country and the fact that what we had we did not need to do that. We are not in our Monty yet, but a small apartment until the end of May, then, LOOK OUT AMERICA, HERE WE COME!!!!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 04:00 PM   #4
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
We sure love it. No more worrying about someone breaking in to our stick house when we're not there; don't have to hire anyone anymore to clean, feed the fish and water the plants; don't have to worry about trees and shrubs dieing; a possible water leak going unnoticed; and the list goes on!
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:11 AM   #5
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Yep, it is definitely liberating!! This morning will be my last trip to the apartment. Wednesday the movers come to put my stuff in storage, then I come back up here to the CG. I'll stay here until the CG closes for the season in October, then somewhere southwest. Maybe Arizona, maybe Texas...I don't know, and I don't cre. This is going to be the joy of fulltiming, wherever I stop...thats home:-) Enjoy your new life...and freedon!

Jan
Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:58 PM   #6
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Redrover, redrover, come right over!! We'll all be glad to meet up with you, too.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 02:41 PM   #7
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Yep,

We've been renting our place, going back to Seattle to sell it, fulltiming is our life now. Just don't have time to put up with the hassle.......love this retirement....and going to enjoy every second of it.

Best of luck.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote