Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Campsite
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2006, 06:57 PM   #1
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Camp Ground Etiquette ????

We are in a San Francisco RV Park that backs up to the Pacific Ocean. We made reservations a few weeks ago to assure us of a spot that would fit the Montana. We reserved the large ocean view at a pretty hefty cost. When we arrived we were told that the sites were not as big as the rv's were getting so we should back up as far as possible and we would still be able to get out truck crosswise in front. We backed up just far enough to fit the truck. Today we had a note on our door to pull forward because we were ruining someones view. We asked our neighbors on both sides and they said they did not put the note there and they agreed that we could not move forward any more. We went to the office and thy told us that we were fine and to ignore the note but it bothers us. We want to do the right thing. We are backed in and a lot of the class A's come in from the front. I think this person wants to sit in his or her rv and have at least a 300 degree view and we might be blocking either the left or right side. What would you do? We have never encountered anything like this before.

Helen

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:08 PM   #2
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Ignore it.....

I think I know the park you are in and there is no other option for you. BTW enjoy. It is a great location.
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:15 PM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Helen,
It sounds to me that you have made all efforts to be respectful of your neighbors. At this point if there is no where else to move your truck, and the campground office is ok with it, I would have to say ignore the note as well. I would also have to say if the person who put the note there wanted to have a view as well, they should have reserved it as you did. Enjoy the view, you have paid for it.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:47 PM   #4
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
...ditto... stay put and enjoy the view. You did the right thing and talked with the office. The person who put the note on your door did the wrong thing.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:43 PM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
There is a book I often read that says, "In as far is it is possible with you, live at peace with everyone." Hmmmmmmm, could it be that it is not always possible, not because of your behavior, but the attitude of others?
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 01:35 AM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Helen, I would worry about that note for as long as it took you to tear it up. You've checked with everyone and got the okay to stay where you are. 'Nuff said! Enjoy your stay. Anonymous notes show a lack of character, in my opinion.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 01:42 AM   #7
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
I'm with Stiles, the key phrase being "as far as it is possible". You have done all the right things. Enjoy your times there and don't let some high minded slacker ruin it for you.
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:01 AM   #8
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
MontanaSKy, said it well, DITTO
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:20 AM   #9
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
You have bent over backward to do the right thing. The person who left the note should come forward if they have a problem. Enjoy the view.
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:22 AM   #10
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Helen, you treated this incident with more good will than most of us on this forum and you have done everything right. You backed up only enough to safely park your TV and this thoughtless person that left you a note did not care if he put your TV at risk with his selfish request.

Forget about it and have a wonderful time in San Fransisco. When I first was there back in 1977 I just loved the place. We were back there 5 years ago and it still has it's charm but we saw so many homeless people, some just young kids, it was not the same.

Last week I went from Seattle to LA on Amtrac so I could drive my Mom and Dad home.
The train goes through Oakland and before that you get a view of the Golden Gate. The area around Oakland was looking pretty good.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 04:32 AM   #11
Les and Julie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1057
Helen - sorry to hear about this problem but I totally agree with all the above answers. Don't worry about the note -- you have done the right thing. Enjoy San Francisco -- hope the rain lets up. We are planning on stopping in to San Francisco on our way back down in the Fall.
Julie
Les and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 04:47 AM   #12
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Helen, if that person doesn't have the gumption to confront you face to face then I would walk out in front for all to see and take that note and wad it up and put it in the trash. You know that they are watching you as they probably want to see your reaction. People like that just make me so mad. If I have an issue with a fellow camper I go to that person and talk with them. Like all those before me, you have taken more steps then I would have...Enjoy your stay. If they approach you again let them know what you have done. Have fun there and don't let that ruin your trip.
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 05:05 AM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
They do not have a problem with you and it was rude to leave a note like that on your camper. They have a problem with the campground if anyone..do not worry about it..enjoy your stay..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:37 PM   #14
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Helen,

I say you've done everything you can. Enjoy and post some pictures for all of us to enjoy!

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:10 PM   #15
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
I would ignore the note. People need to realize that they cannot have everything. When camping last week, another 5er parked in the campsite right up from us, blocking the view from under the awning. But you know what? They were a wonderful couple to whom we enjoyed talking, and John had a great time playing with their grandkids, who were also on spring break. That was well worth any blockage of view.

I would also add that if this disturbed them so badly, they should have had the gumption to say it to you instead of just leaving a note on your door. That is simply rude.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 04:55 PM   #16
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Helen,

If this is the campground I think it is (featured on a RV Today show) we've stayed there and you don't have a lot of options on parking your rig and staying out of the traffic flow. I'd enjoy my stay and not give it another thought. If its really a problem a knock on the door is more appropriate than an anonymous note, besides, if you move the other way you'll probably block somebody else's view.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 05:09 PM   #17
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Thank's for all the support. We went out today and had a ball. Check out our pictures.
It did rain all day though. Not to worry, it was great.
Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 05:10 AM   #18
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Helen, Agree with the others. You checked with the management and your neighbors, and they had no objections, so chalk the incident up to the thoughtlessness of the party who wrote the note and enjoy your visit. San Francisco is beautiful and there is so much to see in the area!
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 05:36 AM   #19
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Everyone stated my feelings exactly. You did everything possible and the problem is with the note writer. I just wanted to say I'm so jealous--wish we were camped there. It sounds like a great campground.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 05:28 PM   #20
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
You did the right thing. Enjoy your stay and don't give it another thought.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote