Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Campsite
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2007, 04:12 AM   #21
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mgdg

A fire is a must!!! Long live the campfire!!

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:39 AM   #22
kerry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7125
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bsmeaton

Seems back in the days of the tent, the campfire was the focus of camping. It kept you warm, you cooked on it, and it was the entertainment. With the RV, there are other things to focus on.

I've been carrying around the same bundle of wood I bought at a campground in South Dakota back in 2003. Not that I'm against the campfire at all, I just don't seem to get around to making one anymore. I'm just too busy running around getting the awnings set, the outside TV setup, grabbin the ice out of the icemaker in the basement, and firing up the blender to make margaritas.
The ice maker and the margaritas, and maybe a little beach, are a must!!! Kerry
kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:02 PM   #23
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
[quote]Originally posted by TheCoachPotatoes

I'll probably be kicked off the forum for this, but sometimes I just hate camp fires. Am I the only one?

There is a time for everything we say. There was a time we slept in a tent and a campfire was a must, and we did enjoy it. There was a time we'd fly out to a fishing spot with our small airplane, land on a sand bar, or by a river, no body else in sight, a campfire was always welcome, especially with the mosquitoes in the air. We still have campfires when we camp with our truck camper, because we don't have the comfort of the Montana Easy Chairs. We enjoyed our times in all of our camping. Now is the time for comfort. Maybe if we dry camped with the Montana here in Alaska we'd build a fire and enjoy it too. I know there are times campfires can be annoying, if you have people all around you. Some campgrounds have a common area so everyone can enjoy the same fire. Far enough away not to bother anybody. Whenever we had our campfires they were in the wilderness not in a crowded campground. Now if someone has a fire on the beach and there is NO obnoxious smoke coming out of it, I love watching it thru our bedroom window as I am looking out across the ocean (Homer Spit) and there is a beautiful fire it its foreground -- it can be relaxing.
Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:09 PM   #24
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Mrs. CountryGuy - You must be in Michigan?

As for camp fires, we have them occasionally. For us, we are not camping; we are living. Right now, in Texas, near Austin, where the temps are 60 degrees outside at 8:10 pm, we are inside our home, with the fireplace on and the ice machine cranking out cubes for the cocktails!

As I said, we do love a camp fire at times, while we are sitting outside watching our TV in the basement and slurping our cocktails and the BBQ is cooking our dinner...
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:43 PM   #25
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
snfexpress

was it the reference to ash borer that gave me away??

Right now, it is 46 here, we think we will be moving out of Tana in the next week or so and back into the stick built for about 6 weeks. Then off to the RGV, God willing and the creek don't rise!!

wish Al and I were with YOU, sounds like more fun than we are having! Enjoy!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:01 PM   #26
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Yup. Ash borer is a problem in Michigan. But, we had a wonderful month in Michigan beginning in Big Rapids, up to Mackinaw, then to the east side of the hand.

In fact, the picture of our rig is from the CG near Big Rapids. Actually it is the River Ridge Resort in Stanwood, Michigan.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote