Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2017, 04:54 AM   #1
RetiredSubVet
Established Member

M.O.C. #19977
Furrion Oven

I had posted this information on the Montana RV Owners Group on Facebook and thought I would copy this here in case you do not belong to this group. I have a 2018 3791RD. During our initial outing, my wife was trying to make supper in the oven. She had it set at 400 degrees and it would only come up to around 380 or so. Needless to say, it took a lot longer to cook than expected. After supper, I was looking at the oven (Furrion) and the manual and I noticed that the lower part of the gasket was missing. We included this on our list of things for correction on warrantee. I just found out that Keystone did not approve this for warrantee repairs. I have been in contact with Furrion and sent them pictures of the problem. Does anyone one else have a 2018 model Montana and have you looked at the oven door gasket? The other thing I found out is the manual shows a "stone" which ours also does not have. Kind of like a pizza stone. Furrion says starting this year, they no longer include this as standard, you have to buy as an accessory!?
  1. I received a response from Furrion the next day as follows: The seal does not go all the way around the door. No explanation as to why not, so our oven seal is correct as is. Another member and myself suspect that this is to provide air to the burners.
  2. Our dealer did test the over and found that at 400 degrees F, the over was actually at 382 degrees and when set at 475, it was actually at 482 degrees. So the digital readout is not tracking well and we will have to "fiddle" with it to figure it out and get a separate thermometer to get it right.
So in this case, Keystone was correct in denying the repair, but I was concerned and contacted the manufacturer. Furrion was very responsive and helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170618_193429.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	470   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170618_193444.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	471   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170618_193449.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	472  

2018 Montana 3791RD
RetiredSubVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:14 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
I'll repeat this here also for others. The lack of a bottom seal appears to be to allow air flow in to the burners. Our 2017 came with the stone, but from our experments so far we believe the stone may be too large. We're using the stone for some things and removing it for others. The experiment continues.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:02 PM   #3
RetiredSubVet
Established Member

M.O.C. #19977
Ok, here is the most recent update. Furrion is really working to get this oven issue resolved. I received an email from them this morning asking if the mailing address they have for me is correct as they want to send me a replacement oven. I contacted my dealership in West Virginia (I am on the west side of Indianapolis) to let them know what is going on. I asked what they would charge me to install the replacement. He suggested that I contact Keystone as see since Furrion is providing a replacement if they would cover the labor under warranty. I dreaded the call based on everything I have read, but I called anyway and quickly found out that Monday is not the time to call! I was 24th on the list, but I waited patiently. Finally after about 30 minutes or so, it was my turn. I gave the requested information and discussed my email traffic I had with Furrion and asked if Keystone would cover the labor. She indicated she saw no reason why they wouldn't! She asked for me to forward the email traffic I had with Furrion and wanted the dealership to submit a preauthorization to Keystone again and copy me with the Preauth number. She gave me her email so I could send this number to her so she could follow-up on this. Meanwhile, I get an email from Furrion stating that they are going to ship the replacement oven to me along with an RMA# authorizing the return of the old oven. I asked them if they could delay the shipment until I hear back from Keystone. To my amazement, I just got a call from Keystone letting me know that they are approving the labor! So now, I will email Furrion and hopefully have the new unit sent to the dealership in WV. If not, I will drive it there. I must say, Amy at Keystone went above and beyond in helping me and where I was expecting an attitude and difficult experience, she was great and I told her so! We will now see how this works with the new oven! Sorry for the length of this!
2018 Montana 3791RD
RetiredSubVet is offline   Reply With Quote