Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2017, 01:59 PM   #1
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Television lift

Hi everyone.

Can anyone tell me what brand television lift unit was used in the 2009 Montana? Or the brand of the ones they are using at this time.

Ours got fried in an electrical incident that also got the converter / charger.

Phil P

If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 02:38 PM   #2
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
I don't know what they used but Wurth-Louis Co has them. Probably higher quality too.

Mark
Old 01-17-2017, 03:08 PM   #3
Blk_Adventurer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12203
LCI is the supplier of the control unit that controls the motor. You check for a switch that will continue to operate the rising and lowering of the television. If the motor is burnt out, I think LCI can a supply a replacement.
Blk_Adventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 12:56 AM   #4
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Will you explain the "electrical incident" please and do you use an EMS?

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:45 PM   #5
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

I use the portable Progressive surge protector the fault was in the Anaconda cable we lost the neutral resulted in frying the converter / charger and the TV lift. The permanent unit installed in the trailer would have prevented this. I feel the reason we didn’t loose any other equipment was because I heard the converter / charger humming very loud and I pulled the plug just as it went up in smoke.

Phil P
Old 01-18-2017, 02:01 PM   #6
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Phil we have a 2009 Montana with the TV lift in the back that got fried also about 2 yrs ago. We called Keystone and was told we where out of luck the business is no longer in business that built the lift. They had no other options for us. It was a nightmare. I ended up ordering a lift that they put in the 3625 Montana model which was a 12 volt had to cut 2 inches off in height welded it back together and hooked it up to 12 volt. I also had to change out the TV to a LED to make it work. I am satisfied with the new lift but what a job it was. Hope you find a simpler solution.

Bill
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 03:05 PM   #7
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
We have the same unit as cdaniels, but I think our lift was built by Nexus 21, and according to the their web site they are still out there. I dealt with them a couple of years back on a remote reprograming problem and they were great.
www.tvlift.com/tv-lifts/pop-up-tv-lifts/
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:46 PM   #8
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi cdaniels

I think I have found the maker of this lift as being the Techline manufactured by LINAK. I have a local dealer’s number and will talk to them today.

How did you go about getting the TV and lift out of the cabinet?

Phil P
Old 01-25-2017, 05:01 PM   #9
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Phil P

Hi cdaniels

I think I have found the maker of this lift as being the Techline manufactured by LINAK. I have a local dealer’s number and will talk to them today.

How did you go about getting the TV and lift out of the cabinet?

Phil P
Hi Phil,

You can un-bolt the TV (really just loosen) and lift it out pretty easy. With the TV out you can then reach down and un-bolt the lift.
7.3Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:53 PM   #10
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

I have progressed to this point. All of the lift components are manufactured by LINAK. The brackets are manufactured by some company that sold the complete unit to Keystone. LINAK will not support the unit to the end user on the grounds that they only do business with the OEM.

As is normal with keystone they are unable to provide any comprehensive information. Keystone customer disservice has lied to me again by telling me they can’t give me information from the build ticket because the dealers now have internet access to this information. Then gave me the phone number of a dealer that could do this and when I called the dealer they told me that they have never had internet access to this information and hung up on me.

I now have found a fellow that use to work for LINAK that may be able to help but so far I am having trouble getting him to understand what I want.

Phil P

Old 01-27-2017, 03:01 PM   #11
Carole
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12726
Ours in our 358 2013 Mountaineer is made by Lippert. Ask me how I know.
Carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:45 PM   #12
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
I can imagine how you know. LOL

I still have the problem that the TV is down in the cabinet and I can’t get to the brackets to remove the screws that hold it in.

Phil P
Old 01-28-2017, 01:57 AM   #13
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Sorry Phil just got back on the MOC. Did you try Trekwood RV they have a web site with pictures of all Keystone RV parts by your RV year and I thought I saw the lift on there after I got mine up and running. I have the order numbers of the lift I re-worked if your interested in going that route. The 12 v line is back there for you to hook into. I actually prefer it to the other one. Half the weight and you don't need electric to use it. But you do have to shorten the lift requiring cutting it apart and welding it back. And requires a LED TV. It took me a few try's before I got it the right height. Good luck. If I can help in any way email me at wdanielsc@icloud.com directly.
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 02:15 AM   #14
Carole
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12726
Phil, our tv is behind the fireplace, which Paul had to remove. It was the only way we could get the tv out, but The fireplace is not hard to remove. Lippert left a broken off drill bit in the part that lifts the tv and it should have had a cotter pin in it. The drill bit went only about 1/2 way through, so instead of getting it out they just left it. Sounds familiar, doesn't it.
Carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:11 PM   #15
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

A little update.

No one has been able to get Keystone to give them any information about this unit. Even La Mesa probable one of Keystone’s biggest sellers can’t get a response.

I have found that the company recommended by washley1 Nexus21 was not the builder of this unit. Thank you washley1.

So now I have cut holes in the cabinet where the sound system is located and was able to finally get the control box out. The fellow on eBay that claimed to be a retired GM at Linak stopped communicating when I started asking questions about what wires to power to run the motor this only means he doesn’t know.

However due to a remark the technician at Nexus21 made I opened the control unit and found a fuse that was popped. I will get a new fuse in a day or so and see if that brings it back to life.

Phil P
Old 01-29-2017, 02:01 PM   #16
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
Quote:

I can imagine how you know. LOL

I still have the problem that the TV is down in the cabinet and I can’t get to the brackets to remove the screws that hold it in.

Phil P
Hi Phil,

I have taken the TV out without removing the fireplace. There are two 7/16 bolts you loosen and you can lift the TV out. Ours was stolen, and he never found the lift button.

The vertical pieces are attached to the TV, and the horizontal are attached to the lift. Loose the two 7/16 bolts on the Vertical pieces (which clap to the horizontal pieces). The TV just hangs on the horizontal pieces, and once bolts are loosen, can lift the TV out.

Once the TV is out you can reach the mounting for the lift.

I posted a picture on your post on the Rovers page.

https://montanarovers.vbulletin.net/...elevision-lift

Old 01-29-2017, 10:11 PM   #17
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 7.3Ford

I posted a picture on your post on the Rovers page.

https://montanarovers.vbulletin.net/...elevision-lift
Hi

Did they cut holes in the wall between the sound system and the TV to access these bolts? What did the doo about the wires that go over the top of those brackets and into the top of the lift tower?

The rover’s site is down this morning I will check latter today on that.

Phil P
Old 01-30-2017, 12:40 PM   #18
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206

Hi

For some reason everyone that post assumes that you can remove the top of the unit.

I will try to make this very clear KEYSTONE DOES NOT BUILD ANY 2 TRAILERS ALIKE. You cannot remove the top of the lift unit to gain access to the TV and lift unit on my trailer. It would be so easy to do that but for some reason Keystone elected to fasten the top cover permanently to the top of the lift. When I get it open I will see just how they fastened it down and maybe I can fix that so if it happens again I can get access but I now have cut holes big enough to get the control unit out and have found a blown fuse inside the control unit.

I have ordered some new fuses 5 of them cost $1.98.

Phil P
Old 01-30-2017, 03:59 PM   #19
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
Quote:

Hi

For some reason everyone that post assumes that you can remove the top of the unit.

I will try to make this very clear KEYSTONE DOES NOT BUILD ANY 2 TRAILERS ALIKE. You cannot remove the top of the lift unit to gain access to the TV and lift unit on my trailer. It would be so easy to do that but for some reason Keystone elected to fasten the top cover permanently to the top of the lift. When I get it open I will see just how they fastened it down and maybe I can fix that so if it happens again I can get access but I now have cut holes big enough to get the control unit out and have found a blown fuse inside the control unit.

I have ordered some new fuses 5 of them cost $1.98.

Phil P
Hi Phil,

The Corian will lift off. There are two round rods bolted to a piece of plywood which is glued to the Corian. The round rode just slide down inside the square vertical pieces of the lift. It just lifts off, and then you will have access.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:58 PM   #20
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 7.3Ford
Hi Phil,

The Corian will lift off. There are two round rods bolted to a piece of plywood which is glued to the Corian. The round rode just slide down inside the square vertical pieces of the lift. It just lifts off, and then you will have access.

[/quote]Hi

Well at least you answered one question for me. Now that I have cut holes in the wall between the sound system and the TV I can see the top and there is not any plywood just the Corian. So as I suspected they have glued the Corian to the top of the lift. I have tried everything to get that off to the point I was going to break it or damage the counter top.

I now have firmed up my first conclusion I came to about this trailer when it was a year old. I believe this trailer somewhere on the production line was worked on by some disgruntle employees. There were too many things that were unusual. The vent stacks for the black and gray tanks that are located behind the basement wall were cut to length but the top of the tank wasn’t cut for them and the piping was just stacked behind the wall, the TV was not hooked up to the sound system, the backup camera was not plugged in and the cables hidden behind the back wall of the cabinets, the shower drain piping in place and looked good but not glue on the joints, the shower enclose was not caulked to the tub and the end walls of large slide were not installed properly, the waste tank level probes installed the exact opposite of the installation manual for the system etc. Too much of this stuff it becomes apparent that some of it was deliberate.

Then on top of that Keystone would not stand behind the warranty by the time I had the end walls repaired and the damage to the basement floor I had with in $5,000 of the purchase of a top of the line 5th wheel trailer not built in Indiana. I do have one thing to say about the warranty the dealer I purchased from did not have any competent technicians they were all hired from the agriculture community and total unable to even change a tire without damaging the trailer and it look like the dealer didn’t inform Keystone about some of the problems they found and they didn’t repair the one they did find properly.

Now to top it off this New Year’s weekend we partied with a group of about 30 people that all had RV’s of some sort there were 15 units at the RV Park we used. In this group was a brand new Thor class A coach. This is very expensive RV with less than about 200 miles on it from the dealer to this RV Park. I spent a large part of the weekend making this unit usable so the couple that had it could try to enjoy the weekend. The kitchen sink was not plumed to hot water both faucets were plumed in to the cold water system, the shower didn’t flow proper hot water, the generator didn’t function etc. They and my wife and I had arrived at the RV Park a day early because we like to get all setup for these events early so the Thor product support department was open where we could get them on the phone. The customer support agent was not familiar with the Thor coach and was just reading thru a list of questions and instructions that didn’t really address the problem.

I think you get the idea I will NEVER own another Thor Product’

Phil P