Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2007, 05:56 PM   #1
judyuk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5363
2008 Big Sky finally ordered

After looking at 5th wheels for over a year, we finally ordered a Big Sky 560REQ today. We will be fulltimers and opted to get almost every option available I love to be comfy
After coming home, I noticed the new brochure on Keystone's website and saw two differences......one is the axle weight dropped from 7000# to 6750#.....don't know what difference that makes. The other is an option for a roof top satellite dish. Think I better call my salesperson and get a price on that dish Has anyone gotten a price on that?
We got quotes from the four main dealers in Washington State and there was a difference of almost $18,000 from the top quote to the least expensive! Naturally, we took the lowest quote which was Foley's RV in Burlington, Washington. The salesperson, Alan, quoted me over the phone and was right on the $$. We spent less than an hour finalizing the deal and everything was exactly as he quoted. What a nice transaction.
If anyone wants more details regarding pricing send me a pm.
The dealer checked with Charles and delivery time to Washington should be mid to late July.
It's a relief to finally get an order in at a price we are very happy with.

judyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:13 PM   #2
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
WOW how exciting for you guys, not only is LaDonna shocked so are we as I originally go a price from them for around 69K, if my memory is still working. I think you ended up with a better deal than we did. Let us know when you get it and maybe we can find a camping place together for a few days.

Best to you both,
Dick & Jackie
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:34 PM   #3
judyuk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5363
oops,model was a 360REQ. This darn keyboard keeps making mistakes
Old 06-02-2007, 08:37 PM   #4
judyuk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5363
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rldriver

WOW how exciting for you guys, not only is LaDonna shocked so are we as I originally go a price from them for around 69K, if my memory is still working. I think you ended up with a better deal than we did. Let us know when you get it and maybe we can find a camping place together for a few days.

Best to you both,
Dick & Jackie
We'll keep you posted. I'm not looking forward to the next couple of months. Lots to do in not much time.....but definitely looking forward to another major lifestyle change.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:42 AM   #5
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Congratulations on taking the Big Sky plunge--I hope you end up loving it like we do ours. And good to hear that you were able to get a great price on it. I hope that type of competition forces the rest of the dealers to get more competitive in pricing the Big Skys.

I'll also look forward to hearing about this decrease in axle load rating--that doesn't make a lot of sense, particularly since they've gone with 7000# axles on the larger Monty's. I wonder if they are putting the same 7000# axles in but just lowering the rating for some other purpose, like government regulations on braking capacity, etc.
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:55 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Nothing has changed on the axels..When on the Big Sky Factory tour in April we were told that the Axel rating would be changing to reflect the ACTUAL spec of 6750 and has always been that. Wecwere also advised at that time of the Roof top sat dish option that would be offered..I guess it is official now.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 04:32 AM   #7
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Congratulations Judy! How exciting!

If there is not too much of a markup on the rooftop satellite, and you are considering one anyway, it sure might be worth it. Saves a lot of aftermarket install wiring later.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 06:20 AM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 07:04 AM   #9
kwolff7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6687
Congratulations Judy and hope you enjoy your Big Sky. They do listen to recommendations. We sent a note to Mike Spencer asking him if they could run a conduit from the roof to the storage area so that we could wire in a satellite system and solar panels. From there they realized what we were trying to do and prewired it for us. It is so much easier for them to prewire at the factory. They were smart in adding this option because many that buy the Big Sky probably want a rooftop satellite system. We still have to puchase the satellite system but the prewiring is complete. I wish the whole option would have been available when we purchased ours.
kwolff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:35 AM   #10
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Congrats Judy!

On the roof top dish, I like the ones from KVH. They seem to have the best product, and signal, when compared against the Kingdome. Many friends on the river have KVH domes on their houseboats, cruisers, and RV's, only know two that have the Kingdome and the KVH does a better job; down there at least. Congrats again...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:44 AM   #11
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
I too would like to say congrats on your Big Sky.I was parked next to "Dauid & Jo-anna" at the Pine Hill Rally.Every time i went out the door this beautiful 5er is hitting me right in the face.Its one beautiful unit.Pocono Rv had brought some 5er`s up to the rally for every one to see.God I think I was in that Big Sky more then my own(lol)

Did I mentiom its one georgous 5th wheel???

John
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:29 PM   #12
judyuk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5363
Thanks. We're pretty happy. Now the real work begins as we sell and store 35 years worth of "things".
I'm determined to let a lot of these "things" go as I don't want to do this again.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:34 PM   #13
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Judy Congrads on the great new rig. NOW think about showing it off in BRANSON MISSOURI GET TOGEATHER MAY 2008 - check out Central Region thread, there is room for your rig and you can show us all how nice it is and take in a show TOO.

safe travels John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:10 PM   #14
judyuk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5363
Hi John,
Wish we could but we're confined pretty much to the Pacific Northwest until Jan. 09. My husband still has to work full time until then. We thought we'd get a jump start on the full time life without the full time miles
We definitely want to meet the people on this forum.....you're all really special....so if you're headed this way in the next year, we'd love to meet up. However, after January 09, we'll be heading out and Branson is definitely in our future.
Part of the reason we bought a Big Sky is because of the people on this forum. No other forum even compares......of course it helps if you like the features and pricing of the 5'er too
Old 06-04-2007, 07:02 PM   #15
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Congratulations Judy.. where will you be parking your rig when you get it?
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:03 PM   #16
judyuk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5363
Blue Sky RV Park, about 4 miles east of Issaquah and right off I90. It's not a big park but really a nice one. So looks like we'll be in our Big Sky at Blue Sky and Montana Sky may drop by for a visit
We'd love to meet you once we're in and settled. Looks like your Washington folks too.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:39 PM   #17
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
We will watch for when you make the big move and you might just see us drop by. We are out here until the end of September. We volunteer at our church's campground for the summer on Samish Island (near Anacortes). Actually we are about 10 miles from Foley's in Burlington.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:51 PM   #18
judyuk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5363
Now I know where it is...Great place to spend the summer. We should be settled in by the end of August anyway so keep in touch and hopefully we can meet up before you head out again.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:50 PM   #19
traveltunes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6877
Congrats on your new coach. The Big Sky is such a beautiful unit. I love the idea about the satellite on the roof. We wish we had it so we wouldn't have to setup the portable one. Good luck with your new adventures.
traveltunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:06 PM   #20
kerry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7125
One thing to mention about the sat on the roof, if you are under or near a tree, you might not get a signal. With a portable dish you can move it around to get a signal. Also, today I had a customer say he had one on the roof and would not do it again because high wind almost pulled it off the roof.
kerry is offline   Reply With Quote