Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 07:44 PM   #61
Larry L
Established Member

M.O.C. #20313
I do some comercial pulling with a pullrite 24k hitch but I use my Anderson for my own 5th wheel.I will never use anything but an anderson for my personnel towing. The only reason I use the pullrite ( which is an awesome hitch by the way) is so I don't have to use my adapter on the other trailers. I hate hearing the popping and snapping sounds of a conventional hitch. My Anderson is so quiet you forget you are pulling a trailer

Old 01-16-2019, 08:20 PM   #62
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.Burke View Post
In September 2018 my wife and I purchased a new 2019 3931FB. I did not belong to the Montana Owners Club and did not read about all of the controversies surrounding the Andersen Hitch. The little bit of research I did lead me to believe the Andersen was a great product. Had I read this forum before I bought my hitch I probably would have bought a B&W Hitch. But, as I said, I bought and Andersen, and to honest, I really like my Andersen Hitch. I find it very easy to connect and disconnect. The hitch is smooth going down the road. Our first long trip this fall was from Denver to San Diego. We pulled our 14500# trailer up and down some steep grades and we experienced no problems, we pulled through some heavy crosswinds in New Mexico and had very little control problems (certainly nothing hitch related). So, some of you are probably now going to hate me, and some of you are going to like me. This is just my honest experience with Andersen. Oh, and if you asked me after reading all this stuff now, would it change my mind....no way, I like my Andersen....... I like my Ford too.......there now I've done it, I now have a bunch of Ram and Chevy guys that hate me too.
I love my Anderson too !! Ford Chevy or Ram who cares get what works for you !! If you don't like the Anderson and want a standard hitch great... whatever.

Im a Chevy guy I dont hate ya !! to each his own
Old 01-16-2019, 08:58 PM   #63
Creeker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23094
You guys have convinced me to give the Anderson a serious look when I replace our 10 year old rail mounted Draw-Tite slider. It just keeps getting heavier and heavier over those ten years.

Not only do I like the light weight idea but they appear to take up much less room in the truck bed when installed. Would like to see one in person mounted and in use.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:07 PM   #64
Kruskop's
Established Member

M.O.C. #22567
It’s the only one we have known since 2016 and was introduced by by the dealer we purchased our first used fifthwheel from, a 36’ Mountaineer from Rockford, IL, then on our 40’ 2013 Montana 5th wheel and now our 42’ 2018 Montana fifthwheel. We like it because it is light weight and easy to move in and out of truck bed; rated for 20K pound towing and 4500 pound pin weight. We have traveled over 5000 miles with it so far and no issues. We would highly recommend the Anderson hitch.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:16 PM   #65
GEWilson49

M.O.C. #21140
Using the Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Towing a Montana 3921FB. My understanding of the torque issues for this hitch are no different than a regular 5th wheel hitch. Frame damage is a possible issue with the gooseneck extensions to reach down and connect solely at the bed height goose ball. Connecting the goose ball hitch directly should avoid added torque on the frame. I have travelled I95 with hellacious bucking on and off bridges. Gear took it, truck took it, RV took it with the exception of the inside upper trim. Easy to align with aides and hook up. I always use with safety chains to avoid operating without knowledge of local safety laws. Install or remove in 4 minutes.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:43 PM   #66
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEWilson49 View Post
Towing a Montana 3921FB. My understanding of the torque issues for this hitch are no different than a regular 5th wheel hitch. Frame damage is a possible issue with the gooseneck extensions to reach down and connect solely at the bed height goose ball. Connecting the goose ball hitch directly should avoid added torque on the frame. I have travelled I95 with hellacious bucking on and off bridges. Gear took it, truck took it, RV took it with the exception of the inside upper trim. Easy to align with aides and hook up. I always use with safety chains to avoid operating without knowledge of local safety laws. Install or remove in 4 minutes.
Same here with a 3920. It runs good for me too, I also installed the chains as required by kommiefornia lol. You said all was well but the upper trim? The crown Moulding?
Old 01-17-2019, 06:19 AM   #67
Okie-Dokie
Established Member

M.O.C. #19048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2Die View Post
20k Anderson hitch and weighs only 38lbs WONDERFUL. If in California make sure you get the chain kit
Bought my 5th with an Anderson 3 years ago in Washington. What chain kit?
Old 01-17-2019, 07:46 AM   #68
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie-Dokie View Post
Bought my 5th with an Anderson 3 years ago in Washington. What chain kit?
This one.

https://www.amazon.com/Andersen-Ulti...61957039&psc=1
Old 01-17-2019, 08:48 AM   #69
JerrylJ

M.O.C. #20771
Got an Anderson Hitch last year to replace my Curt slider. The Anderson is lighter easier to install is a used my standard bed rails that were already in the truck. Took the 5th wheel for 2 months in Alaska & Yukon Terr.

This hitch works so well I wished I had one 20 yrs ago. Works well with my short bed, eliminates most hitch chucking and is so easy to remove/install.

2016 Montana 3582RL Legacy Edition
2013 GMC 3500 SRW crew cab
Old 01-17-2019, 09:36 AM   #70
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfb View Post
I had one hit my trucks cab.. Anderson said,"if there is anything we can do, don't hessitate".. I asked them to pay my insurance deductible.. and then.. CRICKETS... They did not help.. When their release cable broke they charged me fully.. No discount.. nothing.. I won't do business with them again.. If you have a shortbed.. stay away.. I know there video shows a 5 foot bed doing a 90.. Hogwash... I have pics to prove it on my NEW 70 thousand dollar Ram truck...

It would be helpful to share why the release cable broke, hard to imagine how it broke. As far as mine goes, it opens ,and closes very smoothly.

I have a 2014 Ram 3500 short bed, and an older Montana fifth wheel, although I admit I haven't tried to go 90 degrees, only because I am not going to, no desire to put the tires ,and suspension of the fifth wheel in that much stress, no need. I just don't put it in a situation where i would need to go 90 degrees, after 13 years towing a fifth wheel .
Old 01-17-2019, 10:42 AM   #71
Briarglenn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6613
I purchased a PullRite SuperLite in 2018, 50#. I pull a 2018 3790 Monty. It's loaded to the gills as we are full timers. This hitch is one of my better buys. Similar to Anderson, but I like its concept better.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:48 AM   #72
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briarglenn View Post
I purchased a PullRite SuperLite in 2018, 50#. I pull a 2018 3790 Monty. It's loaded to the gills as we are full timers. This hitch is one of my better buys. Similar to Anderson, but I like its concept better.

Not sure one is better than the other, just the opposite on the connection. with the Andersen now with the line up cone, the hitching process is the same.

Without the cone on the Andersen, lining up is a bit more difficult, not as much room for error.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:49 AM   #73
elprofesor86
Established Member

M.O.C. #23243
Thank you all for your responses. I would like to close this thread
Closed Thread