Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2009, 06:35 PM   #1
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Tire Monitors

I was at the Snowbird in Abbotsford, B.C. and they where selling HawksHead Tire pressure Monitor System. The valve caps have changeable Batteries. They looked like a good product so we bought a HD 4 system. You ca monitor up to 22 wheels at one time and it also monitors the tire temperature. Their Website is WWW.TMPS.CA or HawksHeadSystem.com.
The total cost including Booster and taxes $315 Cdn show special.

hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:24 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
The price is right, about $450 for a two axle trailer and a dually tow vehicle based on the online site. That's about $250 less than I paid for the Pressure Pro system. The idea of replaceable batteries is appealing. The PPS units are $50 and the whole unit must be replaced when the batteries fail. This sensor is $36 and the batteries can be changed.

No matter how good you are, sooner or later a new kid comes to the block that can out do you. If the reliability is as good as Pressure Pro, Hawkshead may be a winner.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:54 AM   #3
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
I installed the tire monitors today and when one follows the instructions all goes well. After everything was installed I unscrewed the senders and the alarms went off so now I don't want hear them again. I believe they are a good safety investment. When we had our TT we blew a tire and didn't know it until another drive waved us down, we had 2 side walls and some cords joining them together.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:33 AM   #4
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
Don, I just bought the TST monitors and then travelled from Langley to Chehalis WA and felt it was a less stressful trip as I did not keep looking at my Chinese tires every few minutes. If I had know about those at Abbotsford I w oudl have bought them, oh well...
How many sensors did you get for that price?
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:45 AM   #5
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
The Kit comes with:
1 monitor
4 valve cap sensors
4 locks for the caps
4 batteries
1 12v power cable for recharging
1 mounting bracket
4 stubby metal valve stems
1 instruction manual (to read after all else fails)
1 signal booster that can be returned if you don't require it for a $69.00 refund.
After I try it on the next trip I am sure I will return the booster. I walked 20ft. in front and to one side of the truck and got a signal from all senders so parts of the Montana don't block the signal.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:42 PM   #6
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
That sounds like a good deal. I really like that idea of changeable batteries. On your next trip just sit back and enjoy the ride and forget about your tires. The dangerous part is the intrigue of looking at the monitor and forgetting about the road, oh thats right it is only the cell phone uses that do that, eh?
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote