Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2009, 03:47 AM   #1
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
09 Monty 3400RL Front Jack/Stabilizer Motor Fuse

A lot of discussion on this one and particular to the fuse on the circuit to the electric motor that drives the front stabilizer jacks.
Where is this fuse physically located on the 2009 10th Anniversary model? Is it near the electric motor?
Also what is the 12 volt 15 amp (Automotive) fuse on blue wire that is located up and behind the hyraulic pump assembly. Not secured to the back wall but hanging in mid air?
Wow I would do anything for a wiring diagram!!!! Thanks to the MOC members; I am sure we would sink if we didn't have all that expertise and experience with these rigs. Ellis

8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:16 AM   #2
greener
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7882
We just replaced our front stablizer fuse yesterday. Thanks to this forum I had located it before it blew. A single wire(pink) near the battery with a black inline fuse holder. Ours was very difficult to pull out. I can`t help you with the blue wire question.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:35 AM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
If you have the rear, wireless, camera that 15 amp fuse may be for the camera transmitter. You can always pull it and see what does not work.

I agree the black fuse holder is for the legs. Try tracing the wires from the motor back to ground and Positive.
Good luck.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:21 AM   #4
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
Thanks; will take a serious look and do the tracing tonight.(Still working for a Living) We do not have the rear camera on our unit. Quite an interesting nest of wiring to trace and identify without the drawings and schematics.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
Freeda II
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7813
Ellis. Keeps us all informed. I will look at mine this weekend. Andy
Freeda II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:25 PM   #6
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
Found the fuse tonight on the main feed wire from the hot terminal to the distribution panel on the back wall in the hydraulic/battery compartment. The fuse is a mini 30 amp and what challenge to get out. Lubed it and reinserted; will go to a breaker type later. Why a mini fuse when all the others are standard fuses in the bathroom??
Still have not identified what the 15 amp standard size fuse is on the blue wire above and behind the hydraulic pump. Ellis
Old 05-22-2009, 09:17 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
At an auto parts store you can get a 30 amp auto resetting breaker with the same shape and legs as the 30 amp fuse you replaced. You should be able to just replace that fuse with the breaker, then when it "pops" just wait 30 seconds or so for it to auto reset and you're back in business.

Ours has a 40 amp fuse. It came that way from Keystone. Ours is also the 3400RL. YOu might consider going to the 40 amp fuse as an alternative. I have a 40 amp breaker to install someday but it is not a fuse replacement. I'll have to mount it to the wall, cut out the fuse holder and wire it to the breaker. I also have a 30 amp breaker like I described above but it won't fit in our fuse holder. The breaker is too big and the legs not long enough. I don't know if it will fit your 30 amp fuse holder or if the holders are the same on yours as on mine.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote