Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2009, 07:35 AM   #1
et2
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8920
Dealer claims Montana does not cover slide out adj

We bought our 3665re last November. It went into winter storage right after that. While we had it set up in July on our summer site I noticed a couple slides were not seating correctly. Instead of hauling it all the way home we waited until the summer was over.

We dropped off our trailer which is still under warranty with a list of 13 items needing to be fixed including the slide out. The dealer claims that Montana won't cover slide out adjustment after 90 days ... It was past the 90 days before we ever used the fiver.Is this a bunch of bull?

et2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:56 AM   #2
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
That really sounds strange. We had ours at the Dealer for 2 weeks in October for warranty servicing on a number of items which included the living room slide and kitchen slide to be adjusted/ aligned. No questions asked plus all repairs done at no cost to us. We purchased the Monty May 2, 2009 which put it at 5 1/2 months old. I have never heard about a 90 day warranty; everything is 1 year inclusive of adjustments as explained when we purchased the unit.
8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:20 AM   #3
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
I can't remember for sure but I think our dealer mentioned the same thing although the did the adjustment anyway at no cost [we've bought 4 rigs from them].
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:25 AM   #4
ALAN
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4279
When we bought our rig in June, 2009, I was told by Charles Wade, that they paid the dealers to make minor adjustments during the first 90 days of ownership. These are not warranty items but adjustments such as hinges, slides, windows, etc.

This might be what your dealer is talking about, though I would think they would help you out considering your situation, and they have already been paid. Unless the payment is made only if the dealer bills Keystone.

Alan
ALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:57 AM   #5
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by et2

We bought our 3665re last November. It went into winter storage right after that. While we had it set up in July on our summer site I noticed a couple slides were not seating correctly. Instead of hauling it all the way home we waited until the summer was over.

We dropped off our trailer which is still under warranty with a list of 13 items needing to be fixed including the slide out. The dealer claims that Montana won't cover slide out adjustment after 90 days ... It was past the 90 days before we ever used the fiver.Is this a bunch of bull?
My dealer has always adjusted the slides as a matter of customer relations.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:07 AM   #6
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
In the automotive business, the customer spends 20 minutes in the show room and the rest of the vehicle's life in the service area. That was why I always picked a good service department over a good salesperson. Same thing applies for RV's. Sounds like your dealer is only interested in your money. The adjustments you are talking about would take an experienced technician 10 to 20 minutes, tops. Start working your way up the chain of command. If the story doesn't change by the time you get to the owner, try contacting Keystone to see if they'll apply some pressure. Be polite but firm.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:14 AM   #7
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Call keystone Customer Service and then get a new dealsr.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:16 AM   #8
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Ed, some good input here on your slides.

I would recommend you contact Rick Deisler who is the Sales and Service manager, Keystone Customer service division at Goshen IN. His e-mail is deislerr@keystonerv.com phone 574-537-3996. Give Rick a call and explain your situation and seek his help and advice. Keystone goes the extra mile in my opinion.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:31 AM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
No frills answer....It is true..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:05 AM   #10
et2
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8920
If this is true it's a shame. This should be told to the buyer. When we inquired about the warranty we were told bumper to bumper ... 1 year.In my case we didn't even see it until we used it the first time 6 months later.

We will discuss this with the dealer, which is another story. We scheduled an appointment for November 2nd. They have not even looked at any of the repairs and today is the 13th. Just keep getting told how busy they are. I suppose that's a good thing ... for them.

I hate to say it, but with all the problems we've had this first year with the Montana it will be hard to consider another a few years from now.I'm really frustrated with the defects and baloney.
et2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:25 AM   #11
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
My suggestion, don't be blaming Montana/Keystone for what is obviously dealer nonsense. Remove yourself emotionally from it, stand back, take a breath, and then blame the dealer!

I like the suggestion of trying to find another. But, then, Carol is not very fond of dealers. Others here have had great experiences, CountryGuy and I have not had the bestest.

Most rigs have problems, some more serious than others. But, the dealers can make even the smallest problems seem like Rocky Moutain high stuff.

Holding a rig for 2 weeks to 2 months while they fix something that takes 20 minutes is NOT unheard of. Does not make it right does it??

CountryGuy and his Mrs LOVE their Montana, but, we do NOT like our dealer. Tis sad, but it is what it is.

Good luck, take the suggestions of calling Keystone, and nicely explain your concerns and upsets.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:23 PM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
One year bumper to bumper is true. Keep reading the 90 day thing on adjustments is there. Having said that most dealers will do the adjustment. You need a new dealer. We were at the service center last month with a 3 year old Montana. They adjusted the slides.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #13
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
Unfortunately, it is in writing in Keystone's LIMITED WARRANTY "WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS" on page 6 of the Owner's Manual published 7/15/2009 the 7th "dot" down on the page which reads: "Adjustments to all doors, drawers, locks, latches, slide outs, awnings and window treatments beyond 90 days after retail sale". Now, having said that, I would be real surprised if the dealer would not work with Keystone to get this adjustment covered under warranty. As stated in earlier posts, if the dealer won't work with you, contact Keystone directly.
Jack
Old 11-14-2009, 02:14 AM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Points out the importance of reading all that stuff that comes with the camper. That is a sort of simple adjustment that has been outlined on this forum many times. I know it is simple because I am simple and I did it.... Look for it over in "glenn's section" of how to do's
Old 11-14-2009, 05:45 AM   #15
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
You scheduled an appointment for the 2nd and it's the 13th and the rig hasn't been looked at?!?! Say no more, it's the dealer. Most of us have problems of some kind with ANY brand of rv one buys but it is the dealer, the front line guy, that looks after these things with PROMPT service thus making us happy again. Prompt service when something does go wrong is a must!!! Also, some of that PROFIT the dealer made from the sale should be used to cover minor adjustments that perhaps the dealer is not getting reimbursed for. That is just plain good business!!!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote