Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2008, 01:27 PM   #1
bulbrich
Established Member

M.O.C. #6869
Digital TV

Any suggestions on digital receiption, antenna's or boosters. Not ony for the new digital tv, but also for cable and VHS receiption.

We have been in several parks where cable could use a boost.

I could not find anything on this site which addresses this issue.

Thanks for any ideas.

bulbrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:31 PM   #2
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
FCC regulations require all stations to broadcast in digital sometime next March. From what I understand the newer Montanas come with digital ready TVs. Being as yours is a 2007 model I think you don't have to worry. As far as the booster's....the one I have in my Montana works great. About cable, I can't really say about this as I have never hooked up to cable. I carry a Dish Network satellite dish and never have any problems with reception.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:03 AM   #3
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
All stations need to be broadcasting digital Feb 9 2009. The Boost you have now is only to boost the reception of the over the air antenna. I causes problems if you turn it on while using cable, or satelite (boost must be off for these signals). If you have the "batwings" antenna you will either need a TV with a digital tuner, or one of the Set Top Boxes (STB), which takes the digital signal and converts it to Analog for TV's that do not have digital tuners.

I do not know of any boost for the cable signal. Both Cable and satelite signals that work on your TV today will continue to work in the future with out any modification or STB.
If you think you need a STB, do not forget to apply to the Government (USA) for up to 2 $40 coupons.

Bob
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:38 PM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rogue

... I(t) causes problems if you turn it on while using cable, or satelite (boost must be off for these signals).

Bob
I think there is an exception to what Bob stated in one of his paragraphs. Not picking on Bob, just that there is an exception.

Depending on your satellite input being separate and not through the connector in the service compartment. Whether you are using a built in satellite system or a portable one and either is wired directly to a separate control box. Then, you can leave your booster on for radio.

I have a separate lead to the DISH Network DVR from the King Dome antenna. The DVR is through an automatic switch and feeds both the back bedroom and the LR viewing independent channels via satellite on each set. Turning the booster on will interfere with the tv in the bedroom, but since I use RGB (Soon to be HDMI) for input into the LR tv and out from the DVR, I can use the source input and switch between DVR and Batwing input. Also good for PIP.

If DirectTV or input source through the service panel - all bets off.

This is not just an observation on the DISH DVR. It is what I actually set up to do everytime we stop.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:35 PM   #5
rgreynolds
Established Member

M.O.C. #8217
Send a message via MSN to rgreynolds
Just got a new 3400RL and the antenna does pick up HD channels. Also installed a Dish 1000 Automatic Satelite dish and I love it. Picks up all 3 satelites at the same time.
rgreynolds is offline   Reply With Quote