Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2005, 03:23 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Front leg issue

When setting up, I get the front legs up about 5" to 6", I start hearing a clicking noise after the pressure is off the hitch plate and the load is totally on the legs. As I move higher, the frequency of the clicks increases. If I were at the maximum height, I would assume the clicks would indicate that I had reached the maximum. However, this occurs with at least 6" to 10" of extention potential remaining.

I have been told that there are two size motors that drive the legs and that this may be the smaller one and is overloaded, so the "clutch" is slipping. Since I am not fully loaded, this could be a problem. Hand cranking up or down is not enjoyable.

I have not been into the mechanism yet and do not fully understand its operation. Please advise.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 04:16 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Stiles, you might want to email or call MIMF, Dale Brubaker, about this. Or maybe he'll be along shortly. I have his email address and phone number, email me if you want them. He should know the answer to your question.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 11:43 AM   #3
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
Stiles,
Don't wait to check this out. We had one leg go bad because the crossover bar sheared, then the entire motor assembly fell out. Get it check ASAP and good luck.
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote