Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2014, 02:34 AM   #21
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
I refuse to get a W/D. I tell my wife I'd have nothing to do if we had a W/D in the trailer since I am the laundry guy. I enjoy getting out of the trailer and I love my goal of always saving quarters for the laundrymat.

what we retirees do to occupy our time.

mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:11 PM   #22
snowbirds R us
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13088
We are planning on putting the stackable washer/dryer setup in our 3400RL in the next few weeks. It is my understanding there is a decal in the closet area on the outside wall where the vent opening should go. My decal is missing, so does anyone know where the vent opening should go? If someone could measure up from the floor and measure either left or right from each side, it would really help me figure this out. I have been waiting for condensation to form on the outside walls, to get a location, but its been too cold here. Will a stud finder work, I'm thinking it would?
Old 05-21-2014, 04:34 AM   #23
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Not sure where or who is doing your install, but they, if experienced, will know where to vent it. Because you stated your model is a 3400 with the closet available for such an install, consider a "trap door" on the way up to your bedroom (small cutout) to access your water fixtures in case of an emergency. That way you can get to them easier that reaching into the narrow area left from the W/D install. Good luck.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:46 AM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Just to be sure give Keystone customer service a call.They will be able to give you measurements.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:29 AM   #25
snowbirds R us
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13088
I had planned on doing the project myself. It really doesn't seem to be that big of a job and have been doing this type of work all my life. I called Keystone and they didn't offer up much information other than saying to go ask a dealer in the area. I tried that earlier, and got a response from them saying I needed to bring it in and let them look at it. That sounded, at the time, like a go away and don't bother us with that, if you aren't going to have us do the job.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:49 PM   #26
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Here is how OZZ does it
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote