Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2010, 04:08 AM   #1
Phyllen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9165
on the mend

I have missed this group the last few weeks. We were to start our fulltiming adventure two weeks ago. I am just now getting strong enough to get back on the computer.

I had been feeling quite weak and run down for about two months. It started when I noticed a small red and white sore on my left forearm. Then a lump under my left armpit. After a trip to the ER on Dec 26 I was told I was getting over flu and sore was a shoulder strain.

I got progressively weaker. Finally on 1/5 Len took me to ER again after having seen my doctor and being told my liver enzymes were out of whack. After four days in hospital I was finally diagnosed with Cat Scratch Fever. I was hospitalized 5 days Yea, back in Sept I found a stray kitten that we adopted. Many times in play he has scratched me. I am told about 40% of kittens carry this virus. It is more common for children to get Cat Scratch. My infectious disease doctor tells me I am the worse cade he has seen. There is not much research on the disease in adults.

The sore was the point of entry of the virus. The lump was a swollen lymph node. The infection invaded my spleen and liver.

So here I am - still very weak and told I will be for the next several weeks. Len retired on Jan 7 and instead of traveling right now, is busy being my nurse. I find myself getting slightly better each day but after only doing very little, I am exhausted for hours afterward. I will be okay and we will travel, hopefully by mid February.

So, our Montana is set to go, plans have been made and cancelled and we are in a wait and see mode. But you bet you will see us down the road at some point.

Phyllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 04:17 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Glad you are on the way to recovery. Take your time and get well. A friend of mine had that problem too. In addition he was diabetic. He is better but it did take a long time to recover.
Our prayers are with you.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 04:34 AM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Feel better soon, what a nice dude you have to take such good care of you!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 05:18 AM   #4
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Sorry to hear your humane act of generosity has resulted in this. Is there anything they can do for the cat, so this won't happen again? Rest and get better fast. We are sending positive thoughts your way... hope to see you on the road soon.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:01 AM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I didn't realize this could happen. My only familiarity of this was a rock song called "Cat Scratch Fever" (don't remember the artist). I didn't know this was a real disease.

I hope you continue to get better and that you are able to rid yourself of this very soon. All the best to you.

I am a big fan of play-rough-housing with cats and especially kittens. I guess I better be much more careful. It's amazing what is learned in this forum even way beyond RVing!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:07 AM   #6
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Phyellen,
We wish you a speedy recovery. I don't think I've ever heard of this disease. Get well soon and hit the road. You are gonna love it!

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:13 AM   #7
Sinterior
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9238
I had it when I was a young adult and know just how you feel, blaaaah! It took me 2-3 months to be back to normal and I hope you recover quicker than that.

Peter
Sinterior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #8
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Sorry to hear about your problem and we hope you are back to normal soon.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:14 PM   #9
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Good thing they figured it out! Take it easy and you'll be on the road in no time.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:23 PM   #10
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Ted Nugent was the artist, I have never known anyone to have this illness, I have heard of it but I thought it was a thing of the past. Glad you are in recovery mode, and even more glad that the adventure is still a go, although postponed.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:45 PM   #11
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
We are glad to see that you are recovering. Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:47 AM   #12
Phyllen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9165
I am feeling a wee bit better this morning. Yesterday I was so weak I could not get out of bed. That made two weeks of almost complete bed rest. I am sittng in my recliner and getting caught up on computer. I am still very tired and weak.

I get blood work in Weds and see Dr on Thurs. He said last week this will take several weeks before I feel better.

Len and I are still praying and looking forward to finally getting on the road. Thanks for the prayers and well wishes.
Phyllen is offline   Reply With Quote