Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2006, 01:52 PM   #1
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Thank you Keystone

Will try to make a long story short. (I am not a good typist) A month ago while in for a few warrenty repairs I mentioned that the ceiling in the larger slide out had a sag in it. I wanted it on record in case a problem came up later. Our 1 year is up this month. The service manager suggested that since the slideout worked ok and there were no leaks that nothing should be done. I called Keystone and when I told them that the outside rubber flapper seal was about 3/4 inch above the center of the slideout when extended. He said we need to fix that NOW!!! Called and told the dealer THAT and they got right on it. Went behond normal response. Well I brought Monty home today with an almost level ceiling. You cannot tell it is not perfect. Turns out that was the way it was made. Not level to begin with. Keystone came through again.

All you folks that are having problems I feel for you. When we first bought our Montana we did not know anyting about the dealer service department. Turned out bad. Seven months later they had a large turn over of people. Someone got in there and change things. Today they even did a couple of things that were small but without asking. So I think that Keystone will back us up if you have the right service writer that will work with the factory. Sometimes I don't think they(service writer) care.

This is one HAPPY CAMPER!!!!

rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 02:54 PM   #2
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Dick,

Another great Keystone success story! I know some people have had problems but by and large I think that Keystone stands behind their products more often than not.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:16 PM   #3
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
That is great! I we had such a quick response when our problems started. I am very happy for you though - that was one huge headache avoided
Montana_2913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:29 PM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
So often we forget to give praise where praise is do. I am glad to hear that Keystone has stepped up to the plate yet again. Makes me feel more secure about owning a Montana.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:37 AM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Dick and Toni
Same message to you as previous post. Thank you for sharing the GOOD, we need more of this instead of so much bad. I'm sure your attitude helped this problem turn out for the best. See you in May.
Happy trails..........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 01:15 PM   #6
beliveauj
Established Member

M.O.C. #5114
Think it must be a problem on the Montanas as our 3670 is going in to have the same thing fixed and was telling our new neighbor in the RV park about it and we looked and his was the same.
beliveauj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 03:50 PM   #7
Lstierw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3532
I would agree with Montana Sky that Keystone has so far been faithful. We just traveled 7,000 miles and our coach has done great and the times that we have had problems, Keystone has been there for us..................Les and Sue
Lstierw is offline   Reply With Quote