Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Workamping
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2004, 07:55 AM   #1
fla hobo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #166
Work Kamping

We have been tring to find work kamping in Florida.
The only thing that we have found that is free to look up is KOA. Have any other ideas that are free to find a work kamping job?

fla hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 09:15 AM   #2
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
There is an add right now on rvproperty.com for the Sunset RV Park in Cedar Key looking for workampers.

If you are not interested in joining Workampers and subscribing to their by-weekly publication, then your best bet would be to do a google search. I typed in rv workers and came up with rvproperty.com site.

The only other suggestion would be to call RV parks in an area you might want to work in and and ask if they are hiring for the upcoming season. I think the FL state parks site has a job listing link.

If you have not checked out Workamper News you really should if you want to find the jobs when they come out, because they go fast. And many, many parks use their service.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 01:18 PM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
fla hobo

Noticed you lost your baby Spike, sorry to hear it, the loss of one of our "kids" is always hard.

Just thought I would mention that I saw that on your sig line

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 03:06 PM   #4
fla hobo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #166
Thanks Countyguy. It is very hard when they talk to you just like a human. He would have been 6 this 4th of July. Lived with us since he was 8 weeks old. Our baby is now flying the skies with all his family now.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:11 PM   #5
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
fla hobo,
So sorry to hear about the loss of Spike. We have a sulfur crested cockatoo named Jessie. Have also had him since he was a baby. He is now 22 years old and is spoiled rotten. He has a great vocabulary and loves parties. Even though we sometimes get frustrated with his seed throwing and squawking he is part of the family. One nice thing about RVing in the Montana, he can go with us. He has a small cage for traveling in the truck and a larger cage which takes up the computer desk in the RV.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 07:55 AM   #6
fla hobo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #166
Well they sure do make great traveling companions, thats for sure. Spike didn't like traveling so he stayed with the sons (which he was really there pet). Now as for Mikie he loves to go along. When we get his travel cage out he goes nuts, making all kinds of noises & talks a ton to make sure he don't get left behind. He even knows before we get the cage out so I know he understands what we are saying so I think we need to start spelling out the words like you do when your kids are to young to know how too!!!
We have had Mikie for 10+ years now.
I did apply for the job at Cedar Key, wish us luck! That would be a great place to winter for sure.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:47 PM   #7
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
fla hobo sorry for your loss. We have 2 cockatiels & 1 Manchester terrier & when I bring the birds smaller cage in they go crazy & put them in the back seat of truck with the dog & they are happy.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote