Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2005, 02:28 AM   #1
DCP
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1013
Send a message via AIM to DCP Send a message via MSN to DCP
Thousand Trails

Is anyone out there a member of Thousand Trails? If you are, how to you like it and is it worht the money???

DCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 03:37 AM   #2
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
DCP,
We are Thousand Trails Members and we really enjoy the preserves.
We have been members since 1989 and feel we have more than received our money worth. We have the nationwide program and have used it all over the country.
Recently the parks and property were sold and leased back for 25 years with an option for renewal after that.(I don't think I will need the renewal)
Thousand Trails has bought 2 new parks since that and they own those two and have plans to purchase more(they say).
For the price we paid and the dues we pay we are very satisfied, but I am not sure it is worth the price and dues they charge today.
That is something you will have to consider by how much you will use it, location of the parks and price.
You need to check all the things in the contract that will effect you. For example we are able to go from park to park with no out time but some have to wait to go to the next park (out time).
Good luck with your decision and I am sure others will come by to add other sugestions and coments to help you.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 06:44 AM   #3
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
DCP,

If you decide to do this check out Campground Membership Outlet. Their Ph# is 1-800-272-0401.

We did and saved big bucks.

Also, see post from May 3rd. The post was titled "Rv Memberships??"

Happy Camping
azstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 01:16 PM   #4
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
We are members of Thousand Trails and are happy. We camp frequently and for us I think it was a smart move. I would not have considered a membership if I do not camp as frequently though.
Montana_2913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 03:46 PM   #5
Doug and Lorraine
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #123
We also are TT members. We use it as much as time allows right now. When we retire in about 8 more years you bet your booties we'll be taking advantage more frequently and for much longer periods at a time. You just pray that your health holds out. We're glad we joined.
Doug and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote