Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2018, 04:10 PM   #1
knapper42
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21742
Dometic thermostat

Today our bedroom thermostat crapped out. It will switch between modes but the Temp is stuck on 32deg.
I've tried several things to attempt a reset but if there is one I can't find it.
is the thing toast and where is a good place to get a replacement?
Closest service location is about 300 miles away and I bet I can get it change out if I can find one.

Anyone with a secret fix for these things.
thanks for any help
Jack

knapper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 07:16 PM   #2
SuzanneH
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21263
Press up and down arrows at same time.
SuzanneH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:54 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
As stated above, it sounds like you are stuck on centigrade and pushing the up and down arrow at the same time will put you back on farenheit. All you have to do is brush it with your shoulder and it can do that. You can guess how I know.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 06:28 AM   #4
bobandbrenda
Established Member

M.O.C. #19919
Had this same problem a few months ago. By accident the Dometic thermostat had gotten itself programmed somehow. He had me clear out the programming portion of the unit and has not gone back to 32F since then. In my case it had nothing to do with C and F settings just the programming portion of the thermostat..
bobandbrenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 09:23 AM   #5
Kyle and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21685
The Dometic digital thermostats are very sensitive, I removed the covers on both and have a lot less issues.
Kyle and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 09:51 AM   #6
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle and Lisa View Post
The Dometic digital thermostats are very sensitive, I removed the covers on both and have a lot less issues.
I have learned not to raise my voice around them. If I do I never know what temp they will pick for me
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:04 AM   #7
knapper42
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21742
Thanks everyone for the help. I had tried the holding both arrows at eh same time as well as the mode and arrows at the same times and that didn't seem to do anything but finally decided to turn the AC breaker off and on and dang if the silly thing just started working. I think the thing has AI installed and thinks it has a sense of humor.
anyway thanks, we are cool until the next time.
knapper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 12:47 PM   #8
dhenry3
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18670
We are camping for the week and yesterday the living room thermostat started changing to 90 degrees and then later 55 degrees. I removed the cover and checked wires, but all ok. Put cover back on and now it shows 32 degrees C. I called Dometic, explained the problem and they are shipping two new stars today. My dealer told me today that they have a lot of issues with the touch version of thermostat. No must or fuss, called and they are shipping them. Way better than taking rig to dealer, wait three weeks for part, and then have to pick up. It a five minute joc to change out.

dhenry3 is offline   Reply With Quote