Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2008, 03:20 PM   #1
HowardCh
Established Member

M.O.C. #6624
Kitchen faucet

I dropped in to pick some brains. We have an '03 Big Sky with the center island and Corian countertop. The single handle faucet with the pull out sprayer has started to drip a bit, not bad but probably will not heal itself. Does anyone know what brand of faucet it is, if there are repair kits available, or failing that, will a standard kitchen faucet work in its place? We would really like to keep that faucet and just put in a new kit, but if we can't, we can't. It only has a pedestal, not the wide base like a standard kitchen faucet or the replacement faucets I've seen.

Sorry this is so long and TIA.

HowardCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:12 PM   #2
c5racer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #444
Mine had a Moen faucet. If it's a Moen it should have round red and blue emblem on it.
c5racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 02:45 AM   #3
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
If you can take the faucet apart, take the washer to your local hardware store and try to find a match. If you can't get a repair kit for your faucet, yes a standard house faucet that is designed for a single hole will fit your countertop.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:09 PM   #4
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HowardCh

I dropped in to pick some brains. We have an '03 Big Sky with the center island and Corian countertop. The single handle faucet with the pull out sprayer has started to drip a bit, not bad but probably will not heal itself. Does anyone know what brand of faucet it is, if there are repair kits available, or failing that, will a standard kitchen faucet work in its place? We would really like to keep that faucet and just put in a new kit, but if we can't, we can't. It only has a pedestal, not the wide base like a standard kitchen faucet or the replacement faucets I've seen.

Sorry this is so long and TIA.
I thought they were supposed to drip, mine's been dripping since new.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:26 PM   #5
HowardCh
Established Member

M.O.C. #6624
Many thanks to all who replied. It does have the red and blue emblem so I'm going to operate under the assumption that it is a Moen. Thanks Pete.

Don, I was going to take it apart, but it is resisting my efforts and if I break something I figure I should have a fall back plan.

Tom, if they're supposed to drip mine is working perfectly.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:03 PM   #6
c5racer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #444
Can't be sure, but I think Moen has a lifetime warranty. Might want to give them a call, 1-800-289-6636.
http://www.moen.com/consumersupport/...ustomerSupport
c5racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:26 PM   #7
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I called to get my shower repaired in the old stick house. Moen sent me a whole new shower faucet system. I gathered as much information from their website and then called their service dept.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:04 PM   #8
HowardCh
Established Member

M.O.C. #6624
Wow, that sounds great! Thanks for the additional info. I'll definitely be doing some checking.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:31 PM   #9
FLSTS03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8231
Howard,
If it is a Moen, a special tool is required to pull the stem. There is a Hull Lumber/Do It center not far from you;
18165 State Route 45 N, Weston, MO-- (816) 386-2212.When I get to the office tomorrow I'll check to see if there are any independent wholsalers close by that carry Moen. An independent will usally bend over backwards to help. Steve

FLSTS03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:39 AM   #10
HowardCh
Established Member

M.O.C. #6624
Steve, thanks a bunch, that would be super. I tried a little to disassemble it but didn't want to break anything.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:24 AM   #11
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Howard,

I just took a close look at the kitchen faucet in our new Montana. It may be different from your Big Sky, but it has the red and blue circle on the tap that I presume is to show which direction the faucet handle needs to be pointing to get hot or cold water. However, in the back the plastic sticker is still on the faucet and it says "DURA" on it. I did a bit of "googling" and it looks like it is a worldwide product supplier for products from China (go figure) it appears to be strictly wholesale/bulk supplies. The faucet I have is single lever with a pull out spount that can be either stream or spray mode.

I know this is a bit disconnected, but it might be of some help.

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:27 AM   #12
HowardCh
Established Member

M.O.C. #6624
Thanks Robin, that sounds like the one we have too. I was going to go over this morning and remove it from the sink/counter so I could take it someplace to show it to someone. I think we are going to end up getting a different faucet. . Ah well, c'st la vie.

Thanks again to all for the help.