Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2005, 04:26 PM   #1
almost retired

M.O.C. #4089
loose shower enclosure

We have a 2005 2980RL with shower problems. The door/shower frame was not installed on the level so the door drags, is hard to open and is ripping the seal on the bottom of the door. We are taking it in to be fixed but...here comes the actual question... The shower enclosure is not "stuck" flush with the walls of the cabin. We can push on it and it "pops" in and out. Does anyone else have this situation? Will it cause a problem? Maybe it is supposed to be flexible - ? Should we try to get them to fix this also?
Thanks for any input that you can give us. Larry and Karen

almost retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 01:54 AM   #2
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
When you say "not stuck flush" are you refering to the metal channel that is suppose to be screwed tight up to the wall? That channel is the fixed protion of the enclosure and if it is moving the seal is not working. I would have the dealer fix it quick before you get water damage. However if the glass panel is moving in and out of the channel that is more of a nuisance and causes the door to drag (at least on mine). I am trying to find out if I can secure the panel to the channel without causing undue stress on the glass when the trailer flexes. If you find out anything let me know. Thanks
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 03:09 AM   #3
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Larry, The walls on our shower do the same thing,if I push on them they will stick to the wall but will pop right back out.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 03:35 AM   #4
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
OK Thanks Prairepoodle. Yep my plastic walls do the same thing. But so far not a real concern with me as long as it doesn't cause leaks.
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:40 AM   #5
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
We also have the 2980 (great floorplan, isn't it!) and our shower is the same. It's meant to be this way. We had to have our whole unit removed so they could isolate and insulate water lines that were chattering when on water pump. You will notice that there are plastic "plugs" in various spots on the shower walls, these cover the screws that hold it in place. There is also a gap at the bottom of the shower wall where it joins the floor. This is also meant to be. Hope this helps.
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 07:50 AM   #6
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Our 2955 had the same problem I installed small screws and a white plastic caps (for appearance) that I got at Loews, once the back panel was tight I than caulked at the top --working and looking good for two years
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 05:31 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Larry and Karen, this may not apply to yours but we found on ours the vertical magnet in the edge of the door had dropped just enough to catch on the door frame. I would push it up and it was fine until the magnet worked its way down again. A small spot of marine sealer/adhesive took care of the problem. No more problem in the past two years or so.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 02:32 AM   #8
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
We have a new 2005 3650rk and the shower was the same way. We mentioned this to the dealer and they secured it to the wall with special screws and seals. Looks great and fits better.
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 03:31 AM   #9
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
We had exactly the same situation with the magnetic strip which Steve describes above, and fixed it in exactly the same way. Ours had begun to drop several inches before we got to it.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote