Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2011, 08:35 AM   #1
TYR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9976
Lovin' Our Monty

I tell ya, here in New Jersey during the past 30 days, we have experienced
  • An earthquake
  • Hurricane Irene
  • Tropical Storm Lee

During Irene and Lee we moved our rig down the street to a school parking lot that is on higher ground, as we are set up static (working) near a river.

Our Monty stood sturdy, snug and proud during all these events. Of course, during the earthquake we shook, rattled and rocked a bit!

I think we should have either a bumper sticker (which someone here says they saw) that says "I Survived the HurriQuake" or a t-shirt that says, "I Survived New Jersey August 2011."

Lovin'our Monty!

TYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:59 AM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Personally I think one of our Montana’s would survive a quake of a moderate amount much better than what a stick house would. Even more so if it’s hooked up to tow vehicle. In my opinion the suspension would make all the difference in how it holds up. I believe the same would hold true with wind as long as it doesn’t get too strong. This of course is only my opinion!
Old 09-21-2011, 09:14 AM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I have to agree with Bill and Donna to some extent. When towing your trailer around this country, not only is it going through a perpetual earthquake from bumpy roads, then depending how fast you're driving also constant wind storms from 55 to 70 mph winds or more.

I just don't know where that sweet spot would be between keeping all fours down and being upended. When Mother Nature wants you to take flight, there won't be anything that stops it.

Thanks for the testimonial TxYellowRose.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote