Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 04:13 AM   #1
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
2005 Rally

Someone at Doug's job told him a couple of days ago that Lake Siskiyou is a good fishing lake and he finally figured out just yesterday that the campground is located RIGHT ON THE LAKE. (*LOL.... how long have we been planning this trip?)

So now it's been decided that he is not going into work on Friday morning and we NEED to be on the road EARLY so we can avoid the heat while traveling uphill. I think it really translates to "gotta get some fishing time in".

If anyone will be traveling North up I-5 early on Friday and wants to try and meet up and caravan to the campground, drop us an email by Thursday night and we'll give you our home/cell numbers and arrange a meet-up somewhere.

Old 05-22-2005, 01:12 PM   #2
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Oops.... looks like we may be traveling to Shasta on Thursday evening now. We just got back from meeting Searchers while he is down here in the valley picking up Claudia at the Sacramento Airport. Nice meeting you Don... Doug and I enjoyed our visit and really can't wait now for the Rally to begin.

So if anyone is traveling north on I-5 to Shasta Thursday early evening.... maybe we can caravan?

Old 05-22-2005, 06:39 PM   #3
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
....*LOL..... okay, I am the only one replying to my posts here!

The campground seems to be full on Thursday so we might be back at our original travel time of Friday morning early. If anyone was even thinking of caravaning on Friday.... we still might be in the game.

I am going to call the campground on Monday and talk with them further and see if they have a boondocking site we can have Thursday night until our site is open on Friday.

Old 05-23-2005, 03:50 PM   #4
Montana_2048
Established Member

M.O.C. #2048
Margie....

Mae and I are TRYING to get out of town Thursday night and if we do, will probably rough in in the rest stop on I5 about 8pm or so.... Would sure like to due to the traffic on Fri ... Lets touch basis later in the week and see if you're still thinking about it....
Old 05-23-2005, 07:11 PM   #5
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Yes..... if'n we get to leave Thursday also. Sure would like to. Didn't think about going part-way and staying in a rest stop. I have to go into the livingroom and wake up my other half and talk to him about that idea. We'll keep in touch.

PS..... which rest stop are you going to be staying at?

Old 05-25-2005, 03:36 PM   #6
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
BigSK....

My other half wants to leave Friday morning at 5am for Shasta. **

What rest stop are you thinking of staying at? If it's a decent hour when we are passing by the rest stop, we'll stop and see if you are up and moving about.

Anyone else going to be up and traveling north on I-5 that early?

Old 05-25-2005, 05:11 PM   #7
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
How early can we check in? If I work all night we might get out of here early.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:38 PM   #8
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Check-OUT time is 1:00pm. My other half doesn't care about the fact that we are going to be so early that the current tenant is probably going to be eating breakfast when we arrive and not anywhere near being ready to leave.

I don't know what the campground will do with folks like us, maybe make us buy a day pass and park in the overflow parking lot until they vacate the site?

He just wants to make it up that steep grade around McCloud(?) while it's still cool outside.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:31 PM   #9
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
.... I don't think so.

But, we do have your address and maybe we'll just pull up, set up our chairs and supervise you. Maybe even offer you a water bottle.

Old 05-25-2005, 06:45 PM   #10
mike johnson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3382
d&m ,i showed my wife your post about leaving early and she just chuckeled and said nobody gets anywhere earlier than me..lol.we will be leaving rio vista up highway 5 very early. we could'nt sleep last night and would have left about 4am this morning,i don't think we will sleeping in friday am.besides that it's so hot here today.so drive carefully and hope to see you on the way up.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:56 PM   #11
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
We are in the Stockton area Wednesday night and will travel on into Mt. Shasta on Thursday. Traffic from Bakersfield was relatively uneventful and we camped at French Camp RV park.

We're really excited about arriving at the Rally site and start meeting folks.

Dennis and Mary Kay
Closed Thread