Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Insurance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2013, 06:45 AM   #1
Superdave
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6291
Pro Care RV extended warranty bankrupt

I just had the need to finally use my ex warranty bought in Nov 2009 thru dealer Fun Time RV of Cleburne Tx which went bankrupt the following May.
Found out Pro Care went bankrupt and after a lot of phone and internet searching was told that Progressive took over those warranties.
I went ahead with the repair I needed since Progressive had no record of me. They told me to fax them a copy of my bill of sale , dec page of the warranty policy and copy of the repair bill.
After getting the repait bill, I faxed this info to them , fully expecting a nightmare to begin, and waited for a reply which I expected would come in the next year or two. I was called about 15 minutes after sending the fax and was courteously dealt with and helped on this issue.

If you have a ProCare RV policy , you need to call Progressive at claims dept number 800-323-5771 and get them the info on your policy so they can set you up as an insured.

You would think you would have been notified of this change in your coverage, but you weren't . I hope this keeps some of you from blowing a gasket when you try to use your coverage when away from home and the Procare phone number doesn't ring..

Superdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Sounds like this worked out all right for you. Great testimonial! There is hope for some of us and especially other companies. The rest of us need to have the right warranty, insurance or luck.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:22 AM   #3
RickW
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9139
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Superdave

I just had the need to finally use my ex warranty bought in Nov 2009 thru dealer Fun Time RV of Cleburne Tx which went bankrupt the following May.
Found out Pro Care went bankrupt and after a lot of phone and internet searching was told that Progressive took over those warranties.
Another FunTime RV refugee ...... I hope you did not have the misfortune I did. My trailer was on the lot the day the doors closed. I actually arrived 2 hours after it all went down, unknowing of what had happened. It took several days and lots of phone calls to finally get my trailer released. Lots of fun!

I have Progressive on both the truck and trailer. I have been very impressed with them. They have always been easy to work with. Have not had any claims but I did need the roadside assistance twice. They went above and beyond on the first instance. The 2nd one required a tow of truck and trailer. No problems and the $1k tow did not affect my premiums.

Glad to hear it all worked out!
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #4
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Hi Super Dave. Love your border collie. Ours is also a frisbee addict. I made the mistake of leaving in the back room wher she has access to it and all she does is bring it, drop it on my foot, sit down and wait. Impatiently I may add.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #5
lostshakerofsalt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10012
Superdave,

Thanks for the info. We too bought our rig at Fun Time in Cleburne and have the Pro Care ext warranty. I will contact Progressive and update their info.
Home is where we park it
lostshakerofsalt is offline   Reply With Quote