Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2011, 02:04 AM   #1
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Brake Controller

I have a Tekonsha Progdigy 2 controller reasonably new. First time use we went from Indy to Florida no problems worked great. On return trip, when I was at slow speeds and slowly applied brakes as in approaching a stop sign or light, it would start pulsing almost to the point to locking up the brakes. I watched the numbers and under normal braking it would be about 3.3 but when it was pulsating it would jump to 7.3 back to 5.5 back to 7.3 and drop to 3.o etc.
Is there some programming error on my part of possible defective unit? Any ideas would be appreciated.

indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:21 AM   #2
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
I had that happen to me on a different controller,found a loose wire in the plug that activates the brakes
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:17 AM   #3
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
Our last trip out I also had an issue with my brakes. I have a prodigy also. My display was showing error codes SH, oL and NC. I called Prodigy and also contacted an rv tech, all said most likely I had a loose or bad wire connection. So to make a long story short it was a bad connection somewhere, I fixed all that I could find starting with the truck. When I was all done all worked fine, but I did have to lower my settings on the controller because of too much braking power. I think with all the connections good more current was getting to my brakes. So to help you out, Maybe you have a loose connection and it's good sometimes and not other times. I cut every connection off I could find and used a good butt connector and then sealed the connection with liquid tape. I did find a very poor connection above the wheels on the other side of the underbelly.

All is well
kevin
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote