Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2007, 06:50 PM   #1
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Town and Country RV

I am in the market and wanted to know if any one has any experience buying from this dealership and Bill Tea at Town and Country RV in Clyde, Ohio. I would very much like to know how your experience buying from them was pro and con. ALso if you have dealt with Bill that information would be appreciated.

Thanks

RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 01:53 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We purchased our 06 3400 from Town& Country Rv in Clyde Ohio and dealt directly with Bill Tea who is the owner. Others , Including Dsprik also purchased their Montana's at that dealership. Most of our interaction was by E mail although we are just 60 miles down the Ohio TPK.We actually did not meet Bill face to face till we purchased our 3400 at the Toledo RV show. T&C service department is very good indicated by the fact that the service folks have been there for a very long time. I can say they treat you like family. We are very pleased and as you may be aware we are not very easy to please. I sent you a PM.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:55 AM   #3
kwolff7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6687
We purchased a 2008 Big Sky from Bill Tea at Town and Country RV. We did this over the internet and did not meet Bill Tea until we got to the dealership to pick up the 5th wheel. Matt who performed the PDI was great and really knew what he was doing. This is a small town dealership and they treat you like family. Overall the experience was good and we would probably buy from them again but there are a few things that could have been better.

Our Big Sky was on their lot for 4 or 5 weeks before we got there. There was no communication with us that our Big Sky had arrived until we were ready to leave for Ohio. Before we left for Ohio I emailed Bill to ask if he unit was indeed there.

When we arrived, they were still doing the PDI. We sat on their lot 4 days while they were waiting for parts. That could have all been done before we arrived. At least we were able to sleep in the Big Sky. We finally left for Washington DC without a damaged leather recliner rather than wait for another to come in.

We asked for a 50 and 30 amp cord and all the adapters to make it work for this rv. On our trip we found that the only connection that would work was the 50 amp cord and not all campgrounds are 50 amp. The 30 amp cord would not plug into the camper and the dogbone provided was totally opposite of what we needed.......it would not fit the 50 amp cord nor the 30. We had to buy a dogbone for the 50 amp cord to plug into 30 amp service. We felt like when we talked to the dealership that they felt we didn't know how to use the cords and that we had the correct ones. Bottom line we felt that when we talked to them about the problem they did not step up to the plate and take care of it. And a learning for us is that we need to check the cords and not assume what we are getting is correct.

Another problem is being so far away. We are in Arizona and obviously won't be going to Ohio for service or warranty work and are trying to get warranty work in AZ. We have had our unit at the dealer since July 18,and every time we talk to them they are waiting for parts from Montana. We finally called Montana customer service and they said they had shipped all the parts including 3 shower doors bacause none of them fit. So we don't know if it is the dealership or Montana.

In summary, Town and Country is great for price and friendliness, but not as timely or responsive as they could have been.
kwolff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:31 PM   #4
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
RMccord, my opinion of Bill Tea and T & C in Clyde has been one of my favorite topics since we purchased our 3400 from him in July of 2006. I cannot say enough about Bill and his staff. Also, he inspired me to drive 360 miles to buy our FT home. He beat everyone else by $4,000.

When Cheryl and I hit a snag just prior to purchase that didn't look good, Bill hung in there with us, giving me encouragement - even when it looked like he was going to lose the sale. He is a great Christian man who believes in people and who does NOT live solely by his bottom line. I have had experiences with a few other dealerships over these past few years. Bill Tea and Town & Country is definitely the GOLD STANDARD that every dealership should aspire to.

And NO... Rich and I do not receive a commission...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote