Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Workamping
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2007, 11:32 AM   #1
Rocky2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2840
Work camping for family this summer!!

We arrived on April 30th and my mom had shoulder surgery on May 1st and when it is healed she has to have a knee replacement - So we are helping out. My step-dad is legally blind so he can't drive her anywhere.

We (Joe and our son) will be remodeling her bathroom - it desperately needs redone. I will be helping with all the other household stuff, helping babysit my granddaughter, driving to appts, and helping mom bathe etc.....

Will be busy this summer.

Laura (aka Rocky2)

Rocky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:10 PM   #2
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Laura & Joe, How wonderful that you can be with your Mom and step-dad at this time when they need you, I know that it will be a busy time what with the remodeling and appts but the lord will bless you, and I know that you are going to have a great time with that granddaughter. You and your family will be in my prayers and I know that the Lord will give you the strength that you need to get through the summer.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:34 AM   #3
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
I know exactly where you are and what lies ahead of you. Your inner strength will be taxed at times, however a good thought and prayer always helps, along with well wishes from all the great Montanaowners here.

Wishing you all the best with your family.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:21 PM   #4
Rocky2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2840
Thank you for your wishes - today I needed them - my mom is a total packrat and I was cleaning most of the afternoon and don't feel like I got anywhere and I am completely wore out and tomorrow is granddaughter day - got to get some sleep tonight.

Mom is doing great after her shoulder surgery - she now is feeling the knee pain instead - doctor told her it will be 3 months before they can do her knee - have to let her shoulder heal first. She was bummed, she thought they could do it sooner.

Hugs to all of you, Laura
Rocky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:15 AM   #5
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Have fun as you're going through the "stuff" Mom has accumulated. I think it must be a generational thing ... we just finished helping clear out Steve's parents' home and we could not believe the stuff they had saved, let alone figure out why they had saved it!

I know there was probably no question whatsoever that you would do this for your mother. I'm sure you'll have "moments" but in the end I know you'll both be glad you did this for her.

vickir is offline   Reply With Quote