Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2006, 12:15 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Coming home

I came to accomplish a task and it seems to be done. I take away from Hong Kong much more that I had to give. In pictures and in our hearts we will bring cherished memories -- more of people than of places. This 18 months has really been a Great Adventure.

Now our hearts turn homeward -- to Monty. When we left the states, we left from a stick house. When we return our estate will be our Montana Big Sky. Since I have been in HK, I have kept up with all the creative improvements and maintenance issues that have been posted, so after we return I can see a month of work before we can hit the road.

While we don't have a precise date set, it will be around the last week in February up to the first couple of weeks in March. I have let the leadership know that I will not extend my contract with the church.

It will be quite a contrast of lifestyle leaving Hong Kong with 8 million people on an Island and moving to 24 acres in Marquez, Texas with 4 people on it. Our flat is in a high rise with 24 flats on a foot print no larger than the property occupied by my former stick house. We are looking forward to crickets, the sound of birds, stars in the night sky, rabbits, squirrels, deer, and the roar of silence rather than neon signs, an the incessent hiss of traffic even up on the side of a mountain.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 12:33 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome home Stiles n Dianna. In the past 18 months you lived an adventure that no matter how hard you try you will never be able to duplicate and many of the MOC members envy you for it.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:16 AM   #3
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Glad you had a great adventure and hope everything in the Big Sky is in good shape when you return.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:33 AM   #4
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Stiles and Dianna,

We wish to welcome you home! We have not met, but I'm sure someday our paths will cross. Hope you enjoy the full-timing lifestyle! It sounds like you have great plans. You may have an adjustment to make, getting use to the roar of silence!!
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:40 AM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Mission Accomplished! We glad to hear that you'll soon be home and able to start another adventure. You're a wonderful example of a person who has his priorities in the proper order, Stiles, and we're thankful that you've had this time to serve.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:57 AM   #6
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Welcome home and back to the good ole USA. For those of us who have served in the military and spent time on foreign soil we share in a different type of welcome as we know what it is like to set foot back on American Soil. The sounds, sights, smells, every-day-run-of-th-life things like going to the mall - WalMart - Lowes; these are some of the things one misses that others take for granted. I remember that when I was stationed in Korea, we had no American money all we had was MPC Military Payment Certificates (funny money we called it) and I couldn't wait to get back home to handle real American money.
Oh well, your mission is accomplished, welcome back, now lets wear that Big Sky out!
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:58 AM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Welcome Home Stiles and Diana. What a great feeling it must be to know how much you have accomplished and done for other people. And all the while having a great adventure and wonderful memories to bring home with you.
Happy trails..................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 06:03 AM   #8
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
Welcome home guys! That Big Sky is waiting for you...now the beginning of a new adventure!
t
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 06:31 AM   #9
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Welcome Home, Stiles and Dianna! and welcome back to Marquez. For six years I served as superintendent of the Palestine District of the United Methodist Church and the Marquez congregation was part of my flock. I remember well conducting Charge Conferences in the Methodist Church there. Frances Way also lives in Marquez and is a friend of many years. If you do not know her, I hope you may have that pleasure soon.

One could look the world over and have difficulty finding two places which contrast more greatly than Hong Kong and Marquez!

And you are "on the way" to the Valley so you may have Montana friends to stop by.

padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 09:14 AM   #10
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Congratulations on completing your mission. We'll look forward to hearing of your adventures in the Monty!! Welcome back "home" to the good old USA.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 09:45 AM   #11
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
It is a wonderful feeling to know you have completed the task you were sent to accomplish. I am sure you have made many friends and have mixed feelings about leaving HK behind. Life is constantly putting another road in front of us as our journey continues. May you have a safe and smooth transition as you return to America and your Monty. God Bless!
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 09:59 AM   #12
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Welcome home Stiles and Dianna! I look forward to hearing all about your improvements and new adventures ahead.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 03:47 PM   #13
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Safe travels coming home Stiles and Dianna. Congrats on a job well done. We look forward to meeting you in person some day and sharing some of your memories.
God bless... Myrna & Bob
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote