Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2006, 10:04 AM   #1
Dee
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6426
Slide out rooms adj again??

Ok Folks
After getting the New 3295 home yesterday I have a question
looking at the slide out rams, where the cylinder actually pushes
the rooms out the threaded end has about 3/4" slop between the lock nut and the double nut's in other words when the rom starts to move the cylinder will have moved about 3/4" before the room starts to move? Now looking at the pictures in the owners manual actually the Lippert book it shows those all snugged up tight with the angle iron that actually moves things.
The room's seem to be sealing at both ends however it is not raining either?
Sorry to go on so long.
Thanks for any insight? I also did a search on this but had no luck?
Dee

Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:45 PM   #2
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
DON'T pay any attention to the pictures, the slop is supposed to be there. The nuts are adjusted so that the cylinder is either all the way in or all the way out and the slide is sealed at the same time. If the slide seals before the cyl. runs out of travel the cyl. will try to keep going and may damage something.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:54 PM   #3
Dee
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6426
Charlie,
Thank you for the very quick response, I was concerned that it did not match the pic's in the manual and I guess I was worried about nothing.
Again what a great resource this is.
Dee
Dee is offline   Reply With Quote