Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2005, 01:11 AM   #1
315RLS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1900
Repositioning of GPS maps

I've a Garmin GPSMAP 60CS. Using City Select North America V6 the map points are consistent with the GPS unit. I also use Mapsource United States Topo V3.02 and find the topigraphical maps to be offset up to 200'. This is a bit strange when using the GPS to follow a trail and its leading you through the woods 200' off to the side parallel to the trail. If anyone is familiar with the Garmin units do you know if it is possible to reposition the map to the GPS?

315RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 02:36 AM   #2
BigBlue
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #109
Check the datum for the map and make sure the datum selected on the 60CS is the same. You can access the datum selection through the main menu and selecting unit settings. Datum selection is the second selection.
BigBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 03:49 AM   #3
315RLS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1900
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BigBlue

Check the datum for the map and make sure the datum selected on the 60CS is the same. You can access the datum selection through the main menu and selecting unit settings. Datum selection is the second selection.
Jim, Thanks for the suggestion. All were set to WSG84. I've sent a note to Garmin regarding this.
315RLS is offline   Reply With Quote