Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2006, 11:50 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Update on my mod's

Hi Guys and Gals,
I just mounted my Satellite dome this morning, will probably fish wires and cables in the morning when it's cooler.
I am routing both of the lines, (2 strand power and coax) down through the roof into the electrical cavity, tap into the 12 volt power with a fuse and mount the on-off switch in the wall to the right of the electrical panels. I will route the coax cable down the hollow washer and dryer wall, then under the stairs into the water line spaghetti area, then down the hole where the 12 volt shut off is, the Red 12 volt supply wires come up, then down that hole.
I will run it back to the desk slide, running the cable in the flexible loom and up behind the fireplace (I removed today) and into the wall, and out where the other cables are.
Ordered a DPDT switch for monitoring Two Grey tanks and another 12" tank sensor from Vena today, when that comes in, I can finish and calibrate the new tank monitoring system.
I piped in my water filter to the sink under the sink, and Sue is making light blocking covers for the shower and power fan. RV parks have so much lighting, the shower sky light keeps you awake!
Other than that, I haven't been doing much.....
Ozz

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:52 PM   #2
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
ozz you coming to NC any time soon. I have plenty of tools let you stay in my RV port only rent will be helping with all these mods.
Have you done the rear hitch yet?I have been thinking of that for bikes.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 02:52 PM   #3
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
...I was thinking he should stop by the Twin Cities too...I could put his skills to use...
Maybe we could swap labor...I have power tools and know how to use them.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 05:30 PM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Broom101,
The bad part about me working on something, I grumble about everything, get my finger caught in the ladder wrung, cut my finger, can't find the cleaning solvent, sweat running in my eyes, can't see, grumble, grumble.
If you don't listen to me, it's not too bad, I eventually get things done. How's the food down there in NC? I love to eat, maybe we have a deal in the works....
I gave up on the rear hitch, frame warranty and all, just too many reasons not to do the extension. I bought a ladder mounting system for the bikes, I inspected the strength, it holds my weight, and (did I say I liked to eat?) it did not come apart, Two bikes should be no problem...
Ozzie, after taking apart the interior, and bottom, I may need your talents to put the 'Egg' back together after the fall...If nothing else, we could sit around and talk about power tools!
I'll make all the mistakes, you guys can benefit from my errors. (The fireplace looks a little out of place in the middle of the carpet.)
After I get some projects done, I will be asking for help posting some pictures of my rig, I like all the members pictures of their Monty's and their families.
Talk to you guys, Ozz
Old 07-25-2006, 12:23 PM   #5
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Sounds good Ozz we love to have BBQ around here, sound good enough for appetizer. Just finished my inverter install in truck. Had to install another 100 amps breaker for the inverter. Had 1, 100 amp breaker but after running air compressor for while it would trip. Called the inverters help line they said needed at least 200 amp circuit breaker to add another one in series and should handle it, which I did and it does handle the load. Fun was running that heavy gage 2/0 cable around, then stepped it down to 1/0 ends.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:50 PM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Yes, I also ran the heavy stranded copper wire on my previous Keystone Sprinter TT, then after I was done, someone suggested running flexible welding cable, like I said, after I was done, oh well.
Glad you got it completed, it's nice to have 110 isn't it?
Love your King Ranch, almost got one, but it had thousands of dollars worth of aftermarket wheels on it.
That's a super nice looking rig.
Ozz
Old 07-25-2006, 01:06 PM   #7
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Thanks I love this truck as well. Best TV I have ever had. When we had tranny problems after problem on the 2001 F250 went looking right when they started Friends and Family got good deal. Really wanted the King Ranch and wife gave in she wanted a truck we could depend on as well so it was win win.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:45 PM   #8
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz[snip]
Ozzie, after taking apart the interior, and bottom, I may need your talents to put the 'Egg' back together after the fall...If nothing else, we could sit around and talk about power tools!

After I get some projects done, I will be asking for help posting some pictures of my rig, I like all the members pictures of their Monty's and their families.
[/snip]
...I'm sure we could get ourselves into real trouble by the sounds of it, but it could be fun.
As far as the pics, there are a number of free sites that will post images. Imageshack is NOT one I would recommend any longer as I've heard someone found a way to link real nasties with those pics. Security issues that will cause lots of issues.
But when you're ready, it's a piece of cake.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 05:03 PM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Cool Beans....................