Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2013, 06:52 AM   #21
kylec2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10688
I wanted to give an update on my axle issues. The extended warranty company has been contacted and are reviewing the repairs. They came out yesterday and took pictures of the issues with both axles.

Dexter contacted the repair staff this morning and based upon pictures they had received from the extended warranty company, Dexter has agreed to replace both complete axle assemblies at no charge. Big kudos to Dexter for going the extra mile since these axles are out of warranty.

The repair shop is still working out with the extended warranty company for the incurred labor charges, but at this point we hope to have our rig back before Easter weekend.

kylec2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #22
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Glad to hear Dexter is taking care of you and thanks for letting us know. So many ask for help and never let us know the outcome
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:10 AM   #23
camper4
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6635
Glad no one got hurt and that Dexter is going to take care of the repair.
I wonder if the assembly was bolted on with inferior grade bolts. I have replaced my assemblies but can't remember the grade of the bolts, but a cheap poor quality bolt would be a problem.
camper4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:35 AM   #24
kylec2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10688
One final update...the new axles Dexter provided at no-charge arrived Wednesday, were installed, and our rig was ready by Thursday morning. Dexter also provided 4 hours of labor cost for the work, what a class act! No official word from Dexter on the issue, but they made good on a product that technically was out of warranty. The whole episode was a little frustrating, but then again it could have been much worse (like on the highway) so we are just pleased to have our rig back and I honestly have no complaints.

On a side note, I definitely will continue to have my bearings checked and repacked on a yearly basis.
kylec2 is offline   Reply With Quote