Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2013, 07:58 AM   #1
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Ozz. When I lived in New Mexico and had a registered and licensed vehicle there and the state only required one plate. Of course, they are gonna say it's okay since I don't recall if it was required on the rear, but that's where I saw everyone using theirs. I put mine in the rear cuz at night it's illuminated where a front mounted plate is not.

I can see your reasoning, that if you have a trailer under tow you can only see the front of the TV and the rear of the RV quite plainly and your configuration makes sense..... until you unhooked the trailer.

I have two BILs who are or were LEOs and they did admit to me that the mood of some officers will certainly determine any unfortunate civilian's experience. I guess LEOs are part human too. I will admit that I hope when they become human and want to flaunt their power they are not tailing me at the time.

I think the other states you mention are dual plate states. So I'm curious of their responses. But as with many MOCers and per your tale, Goodyear is off my "spend money on the local businesses" list. I used to stop at a truckstop there but no more. I'll stick to Ehrenberg or Quartzsite to the west or to eastern parts of Phoenix.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote