Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2006, 09:21 AM   #61
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
I have posted a statement earlier on this thread which still expresses my feelings about this situation. This is only one quick note to say that regardless of what Keystone may do in the future about sixcampers' problem (and I most sincerely hope they will do something soon) it is already overdue and sixcampers should not have had to wait for a more adequate response.

All owners should expect the same good treatment from Keystone which so many members of this forum have been fortunate enough to have received.

So for now, we continue to wait to see whether sixcampers will get the support they need.

padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 10:55 AM   #62
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Well, I have been on the boards a short time and have been lurking in the wings reading everything I can about the Montana units. We love the 3400RL series and are looking at buying one in the near future. Our New Vision that we have now is great but not big enough.

A just told a friend at church about this group, he already owns a 2005 Montana. He has been having leakage problems in his bedroom slide as well. He took his FW into the dealership just recently and they installed some type of kit to it. I am not sure what they did to it, but I know he has complained about water coming into his rig as well. I will see if I can get him to post to the thread about what was done to his to fix it, or if it is now fixed.

If there are people from Keystone that monitor the boards, I hope they are paying attention to these posts. After reading things about the black protection boards breaking and falling from under the bedroom slide and the decal problem, and the water leaks I am not so sure that a Montana is what I should spend my money on. I won't be trading my FW in every couple of years so I want something that will last if taken care of. Also I want a company that will back their products.

We went to a dealership that has two lots, one that carries the Montanas and another one that has Alpenlites. I found an Alpelite with the same floor plan as the 3400RL and for not that much more than the Montana. Hhmmmmmm now I need to read some more and see how they handle something like this. I know many are posting how great they back their product, but it doesn't look like it in this situation.

Sixcampers,

I am so sorry about your trouble, I know how frustrating it is to have a product that they can't fix. I had a VW Rabbit that would jump forward when you put the clutch in. It also had seatbelts that prevented the car from starting if they weren't plugged in. The dealership never could fix the problem. I felt like driving the thing through the show room floor This was all before lemon laws were passed in Texas. I finally had to trade the car in as I could afford to be stuck out at night with a young son and a faulty car.

If you use a product Fosters, spray it in the area where the mold was, it will prevent it from coming back. That would be if they get your leak fixed. My son is in the Mold remediation business and that is what they use in commercial as well as residential buildings, even schools.
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:57 AM   #63
Bill and Bobbi
Established Member

M.O.C. #5292
Thanks and good luck to you with your new Montana!!!
Was your less than positive experience with Flagship related to the service dept?
Since you live in the same area I will be looking for a nice shinny new Montana rolling down the road next to me

We had problems with a refund they owed us-took weeks of calling to get it. The service issue was related to them not ordering a part that said they would then after it did come in the 5er sitting there forever waiting to be repaired. I really felt that they were there just to make a sale. Not that this is an uncommon experience these days.
Bill and Bobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 12:08 PM   #64
Bill and Bobbi
Established Member

M.O.C. #5292
To any of you folks who are thinking that Montana/Keystone products are problematic let me say this. One of the few decent salemen I've met told me once that there are 2 types of RV's. Those that leak and those that WILL. Sooner or later you will have to fix these things. But-all RV's will have problems eventually, even those that cost over 100K. We hear about Montana problems because of this forum, to our benefit. If other manufacturers had a forum like this you would hear their problems too. The difference will be how the manufacturer steps up to the plate. IMHO! Now Keystone- it's up to you. Bill
Old 03-22-2006, 06:53 AM   #65
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Sixcampers any update yet on open line of communication.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:47 PM   #66
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
We bought ours from Suncoast in Cocoa, we took our Montana in three times for a gas smell, they never did fix it, I just got tired of driving 90 miles RT for nothing, I shut off the gas and will take it to Sebastian there is a good Independent repair shop there.
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 05:20 AM   #67
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
Nothing positive to report back. I called Suncoast and spoke with the head honcho there and told him of my problems with Keystone and his service dept. I told him that this would be my last attempt before I contacted an attorney. He did not want that he said and agreed that his service dept had not handled things very well and was disappointed in Keystones reaction and bewildered by Keystones dropping the ball on us - his words. He said he was going to make a few phone calls to Keystone and talk to Mike in service and get back to me. That was Monday - on Tuesday Mike from service called and said he heard we had a LEAK! I give up! Everyone is acting like there is no problem. If it is not leaking RIGHT THEN AND THERE then there is no problem.
I feel like I am dealing with a bunch of morons. I am so mad now. I am tired of getting the run around.
No call back from Aram either.
Montana_2913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 05:48 AM   #68
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
It makes you wonder if Suncoast EVER spoke with Keystone since Keystone was surprised. We've had great dealing with Keystone when we contact them direct. Just try to get past the one hard nosed customer service rep. I won't have to mention his name. If you get him, you'll know it, and, no, it's not Mike. Good Luck.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:19 AM   #69
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jrgwdenner

It makes you wonder if Suncoast EVER spoke with Keystone since Keystone was surprised. We've had great dealing with Keystone when we contact them direct. Just try to get past the one hard nosed customer service rep. I won't have to mention his name. If you get him, you'll know it, and, no, it's not Mike. Good Luck.
No - Keystone is aware - well aware of what is going on. I have spoken to them numerous times . Suncoast's service dept has spoken with Keystone. Both Suncoast and Keystone are aware and both are doing nothing. Mike was from Suncoast. I many not have clear.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:05 AM   #70
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
I just now emailed Keystone again. Keep your fingers crossed lol. Tomorrow is attorney day. I set Friday as the day I would call the attorney about this mess if Keystone does nothing to fix the problem.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:45 AM   #71
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
It is hard for me to believe that the service at Keystone has turned out to be so bad. We had our water tank fall out in Alaska and could not have been more pleased with the personal treatment and repair that we received. Hopefully, they've not gotten so big that they don't care about their customers anymore. Many people have bought a Montana based on their reputation for looking out for their customer and backing up their rig's failures. Maybe all these shakeups in the management positions have ruined the company. I sure hope not.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:03 AM   #72
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jrgwdenner

Many people have bought a Montana based on their reputation for looking out for their customer and backing up their rig's failures.
This is exactly why we bought our camper. I found about this forum on the Trailer Life forum from a fellow Montana owner. Came over here to see what people had to say about the campers and it sounded to me like Keystone was a company that stood behind their product - especially the Montana division.

I did not just go out and buy a camper without researching. I looked around, went to plenty of dealers, looked at many manufacturers, read a ton on the forums and on the web. I really feel like I have bought a lemon and Keystone could care less. They got my money, the dealer and Keystone. Now it is to heck with them!
Old 03-23-2006, 12:08 PM   #73
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
I can relate to your comments sixcampers...I love my Monty, don't get me wrong, it is just when you take it in for the warranty work and it doesn't get done then they tell you they got the wrong parts that you had been waiting for 4 months for, what the heck is that? We haven't had the leaks yet, but that bedroom slide thing was enough to give me another stroke. Other then that is was the thermostat, day/night shades, and the cargo door on the driver side. Well, hopefully this will all be resolved and I can look back at it and laugh?????
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:48 PM   #74
Bill and Bobbi
Established Member

M.O.C. #5292
Hey sixcampers -I met a guy once back in the 1980's that had bought a "lemon" mobile home. He had a sign out front of his property that said " I made a $$$$$$ mistake buying from "generic dealer" mobile homes. I don't remember the exact dollar amount or dealer's name but it made for great conversation and bad advertising for the dealer. A local newspaper even featured his story. 'Wonder if you did that at your campsite or even parked the rig with sign attached near the dealership if that would get the dealers attention! You might want to check with a lawyer before doing it though!
Old 03-23-2006, 02:00 PM   #75
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bill and Bobbi

Hey sixcampers -I met a guy once back in the 1980's that had bought a "lemon" mobile home. He had a sign out front of his property that said " I made a $$$$$$ mistake buying from "generic dealer" mobile homes.
It is so funny that you just posted this because we were just discussing doing the very same thing. We are going to put a sign out near the front of the camper while camping that says something like "Ask me about my leaky Keystone camper" or
"Ask me where we bought our leaky $$$$ Keystone camper" or something to that effect.

I can say that - it is the truth. Freedom of speech.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:09 PM   #76
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Might want to check with an attorney before you do that, though. Might be OK, but there may be some instances where you may be over the line. I'm no expert. I've had many instances where I could have done something like this. I was waived off of one instance by my attorney. Unless I could prove that the party in question really was at fault - a gray area at the time - I could be opening myself up.

Not saying that this is the case here, but doesn't hurt to double check with someone who knows these liable laws before you start "picketing". This just sticks in my mind for some reason. I could be wrong.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:27 PM   #77
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
I will call my paralegal friend tomorrow and have her check it out. I think if the sign ONLY says what I mentioned above I will be okay. I am not slandering anyone. I am just telling one consumers story. But I will check beforehand.

Old 03-27-2006, 12:48 PM   #78
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
We did not put the sign out. I could not reach my friend to ask if it could be a legal problem so decided not to do something that could bite me in the butt later on.

I may not have put the sign out but I spoke my mind to anyone who wanted to hear my story. If someone stopped by our site and asked how we liked our camper (we get this a lot from other families curious about our floor plan. I think they see all our boys and wonder how we are sleep everyone in our camper) I told them just how unhappy I am with Keystone. One couple was in the market for a new 5ver and was looking at a Mountaineer with a bunk house similiar to ours and I told them how Keystone is treating us and they decided against a Keystone. I am going to keep talking and keep telling my story and I hope I can turn anyone who is considering a Keystone away. That goes for Suncoast as well.
-----------------------------------
Nothing new to report. Keystone has not answered my emails or phone calls. I left a message on Arams voice mail no call back. Called Keystone and asked to speak to the Regional Director for my area - no call back. No one calls back and no one answers emails.

I have prayed about this and really I am trying not to let this anger get to me but I am having a hard time with this. I think we are going to get rid of the camper - trade it in Stinks too because there is nothing out there that we can afford that is really knocking my socks off. We looked at a Sunnybrook - Brookside today. It is nice - beautiful gel coat - okay on the inside but no slide in the bedroom or BH. Oh well at least I already know SB stands behind their product and the price is right.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:07 PM   #79
Montana_5429
Established Member

M.O.C. #5429
Sixcampers, I've been following all your posts. Sorry for all your problems. What model of camper do you have? I looked but couldn't find it listed anywhere.
Montana_5429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 04:13 PM   #80
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It is unfortunate that your are having these problems and I hope that they are somehow resolved. I don't know how Keystone could take any action against you for anything that you might say or do. They would have to show that you are not having the problems you are having. They would have to say that your issues are not issues or that your allegations are unfounded.. I do not understand Keystones actions in your case but we are watching with interest and hope for the best.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote