Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2018, 02:22 PM   #1
Dusters
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19305
AZ-RV Resorts

Looking in general at the resort campgrounds around Yuma or Mesa for a couple of months starting Jan. Coming from the Northwest and probably need to stay down until early March. I know Reservations may be difficult at this time.
I see the big 5 star parking lots of 1000 to 2000 RV sites and wonder if the closeness is worth all the activities they sport and notice the small print of a minimum of 3 months required. I'm not wanting to commit to a site for more than a few weeks or month until we find our wants and needs.
The 3 and 4 star type places of 200 to 500 RV sites look ok, just not all the big rec items there. Not a golfer or fisherman, just site seeing activities. Another item is pets; it seems they limit them to pet RV sites only in some parks. Some Reviews complain about the 24 page rule sheets you have to pass before allowed to check-in.

I hear a lot of people like Yuma, because it's away from the big city area of Phoenix. Mesa seems to have a lot more to do? Look forward to some interesting thoughts about the areas.

Old 10-22-2018, 02:28 PM   #2
ps146364
Established Member

M.O.C. #14615
Look at deserttrails.com
ps146364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 05:23 PM   #3
Mike117
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #16033
Heading to Tucson now for a 5 month stay. Just retired 4 months ago and wanting to get out of Washington rain for the winter. We are staying at Rincon West. Never stayed but visited a couple times to check it out. Will see if that is to long in one place for me or not. Currently in Utah on way to Grand Canyon, via Moab and Mesa Verde. Good luck.
Mike117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:23 PM   #4
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Regardless of where you decide to go, you better get some reservations made pretty quick, because the prime areas fill up pretty quick. Another thing to be aware of is, Jan-Feb-Mar are premium months and the parks will charge premium prices for those three months compared to the rest of the year. We are using a spot in Sun City as our winter base, Paradise RV Resort.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:21 PM   #5
Cowboy56

M.O.C. #21838
Rv park

Have you looked at pioneer Rv resort in Wellton AZ only 20 mins out of Yuma take dogs and big sites
Cowboy56 is offline   Reply With Quote