Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2017, 03:57 PM   #1
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
Intake Air for Atwood Furnace

I had to replace my furnace about 3 years ago. Now the Atwood Model 8535-IV DCLP has a error message--Limit Switch/Airflow problem. I am starting to explore the inner workings to find the air intake. I have removed the wooden grill at the base of my stairs to the bedroom--not visible on the floor level. So, I am going to go into the basement and remove the wall to see what I can find. Any suggestions? I have a 2006 Monty--3475. Just keep fixin!
The furnace has not been used in more than a year--so something probably moved in!

timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 04:33 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
If the heater doesn't even light, I would guess the problem is the sail switch. If it runs for a while and then shuts down I would say it is the high limit switch. Here is a link to the Atwood Repair Manual. It will help you isolate the real problem.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 06:11 PM   #3
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
Carl, Thanks for the manual. I will study more and focus on your recommendation. We are heading to Blue Spruce RV Park at 8000 feet that is east of Durango, CO. It will be a bit chilly in the morning.

Tim and Susan Millington
Old 08-14-2017, 03:48 PM   #4
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
Got the furnace fixed today! The sail switch was dragging on the blower housing because the molded attachment point on the plastic blower housing had cracked. Why?? Probably because the installation was not done correctly and the screw was just over tightened when the molded attachment point did not correctly align with the screw hole. Bottom line--to many plastic parts and poor workmanship. Anything new about this situation???