Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2008, 05:12 PM   #1
dersequim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #549
MOTELS?

Well Nancy and I are Headed to AZ for the first time in years without Monty! Nancy is completly thrown by the fact she doesn't have that BIG BOX to load 1/2 the HOUSE in!
How do you replace almost 8' of closet space with a hanger bar in the back of a car?I guess there goes my 3 pairs of Jeans, 4 pair of Cotton Pants and 6 Shirts/Pullover Tops! Whoops there goes my Underwear! UPS here I come!
Really We DO NOT look foreward to Moteling.Even going to the Las Vegas Apparel Show will be a downer. Going to miss staying at The Oasis Rv Resort that week. OOOPS! I just realized we are NOT going to ORANGE GROVE and getting our 3 Garbage Bags of ORANGES!
Well life goes on and SOMETIMES NOT FOR THE BETTER!

dersequim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 05:27 PM   #2
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
Daryl...as a Postal employee, may I encourage you to try the Post Office instead of UPS? You would help me get to retirement sooner!! Actually, you should price both and I think you will find that the PO is cheaper. Just a thought....Joanie
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:50 AM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
When will you be in Vegas?
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:51 PM   #4
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Yeah, I found the other day that I had ordered something on line for delivery via USPS and thought that was UPS...NOT!
Guess what?...it came WAY SOONER than UPS would have delivered it! It was much cheaper and not a scratch on the packaging.
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:05 PM   #5
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Good job Joanie! It will be cheaper and it will keep my retiremnt coming also!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:23 PM   #6
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
Hey Rondo!! I was a carrier in Connecticut. Now I am a clerk in maintenance. I am CSRS and I assume you are also. I am hoping to retire March, 2010. The way things look, it might be sooner. The PO is really hurting and they want to downsize. They are doing another RIF right now on the heels of offering a voluntary early out. No incentives yet and I don't anticipate any, darn it!! Just waiting to 62 so I can get the very very small social security check too. With the economy the way it is, the FERS people are going crazy with their thrift savings. Thank God I am CSRS!!!
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:22 AM   #7
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
WE considered the motel option once instead of RVing... then the TV commercial came on about sleeping in a mud bath of other peoples germs, the bed bug infestations and fleas you might encounter as you travel....I will sleep in my own mud, I will train the bed bugs and fleas to hide on DW's side....and not snore..like her
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:34 AM   #8
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Hotels, well Delaine doesn't like to pack a suitcase so we take the 5th wheel. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:40 AM   #9
dersequim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #549
WELL! This morn she stood there and stated, "It's alot easier loading the trailer than a suitcase!" Ofcourse that could be because I make all the trips from the closet to the Monty! LOL Get out the Forklift she's in the closet trying to decide which 2 of the 100 outfits she's going to leave. Whoops here comes the SHOE Box!!My plan is take what we need from now till we come home for CHRISTMAS, flying, then ship down for the rest that we need for the time we will be there. The best plans ETC! That way we can just have carry-on and we will have clothes here. TO SIMPLE!
Really it's not that BAD, we just have to prepare for both parts of our lives, WA. and AZ, that include Beach/Desertbums and Business Appointments.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:56 AM   #10
jackandh2o
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8010
Daryl, did I miss something. Why are you not RVing?

Ray
jackandh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:19 PM   #11
dersequim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #549
Due to the truck bothering Nancy's back and her experincing a bloodclot in her lung after the trip down last Jan. We put in the Park Model before we came back in May.
We still will use the Monty for RV'N up here in the NW and still want to do the East Coast in the near future. But the Doc told her a 10 min walk every 2 hours and a days activity every 2-3 days along the way.
So TOMORROW MORN AZ here we come!
BTW: We got it AAALLLLLLLL in!
Old 10-28-2008, 01:31 PM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
In my Traveling days I did Hotels and Motels all over the country including many extended stay motels. Can't count how many we stayed in. I have seen bad ones but in the vast majority of cases were clean and we never saw a critter or a unclean condition. It would not make sense that they would not keep them clean and free of critters.Those TV programs were looking for problems and of course you can find them.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:02 PM   #13
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
It convinced me.......of course I was an easy sell...
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:48 PM   #14
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Daryl, sounds like your life is a real hoot! We have a daughter that works in the fashion industry and I've seen what she calls her closet, a converted 10' x 10' room. And the shoooooes!!! The ladies in my family have always said that there are much worse addictions to be had than clothes. Enjoy the benefits of that new Park Model.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:32 AM   #15
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
As I recall you have the park model in Florence. We will be in Florence some time in Feb. to visit friends. What park are you in? We'll look you up.

Dick and Toni
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:32 PM   #16
dersequim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #549
We are in Tierra Del Sol. It is on HWY 79/Pinal Parkway. Right between Florence Gardens and Caliante'. You turn in like your going to Florence Gardens, at the Stop Sign go straight ahead, instead of Right. Enter the gate and Stop, then go to the Right on Fiesta del Sol. We are 419, on the Left about half way down. I'll PM more info if you contact me.
WE are in Sutherlin, Oregon, BUT not at the SKP Park!
Were staying at the Microtel. Really nice place.
Maybe we will have to drive over to the SKP park just to get our RV'N FIX!Well enough for tonight.