Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2006, 02:54 PM   #1
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
anyone ever had this problem? Fridge door hinge.

the bottom hinge on my dometic frig has just broken. Looks like its just made out of plastic that sets on a metal pin. dont really know why it broke. does anyone know how to replace this ? looks like its made on the door frame. if so how can this be replaced without replacing the frame? thanks

tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 03:11 PM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Tom,

Somebody had a post a month ago where the door actually broke right off. Sorry I can't remember who, but maybe they will chime in - maybe search on refrigerator or fridge.

Anyway, for the problem they had it took a new door. Hopefully you can salvage yours before the other hinges break - but be careful, as that door gets heavy with the wood and contents and as stated with the other folks, its like an anvil falling off the wall when it lets go.

PS - if it gets pricey, perhaps you fall under the Dometic Recall for a defective coil! If not, I'll bet Dometic will have a few surplus door frames after they recall the 9,000 effected refrigerators.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:36 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Dometic's refrigerator warranty is for three years. In the third year it covers parts but not labor. We had to have ours replaced in the third year is how I know. They're in Elkhart, IN. I don't have the phone number at hand but a google search should find it. Holler if you need help finding the number.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:34 AM   #4
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
I also remembered that post and couldn't find it. Seems to me that I talked to the individual while in Goshen at the Rally, so it means that the post came in back in late Aug or early Sept. I did a search and couldn't find it..
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:39 PM   #5
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Try this one

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=17153
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:19 PM   #6
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Thanks guys I found the previous thread on this. But since I am the 2nd owner of this 04, monty, dometic wont honor the warrenty on the fridge even tho the orignal purchase is still quiet under 3 yrs. seems they warrent the purchaser and not the product! LOL!! but I had to buy a new door, $153.00 including shipping. but northgate RV in Alcoa tn ordered and put it on at no charge for labor. It is easily install, I watched so I could do it if theres a next time. uhmmm just wonder if this door is under warrenty now? lol..plastic hinge's for a fridge just dont make sense, an molded into the door!! guess it makes $$$$$$ for dometic. anyways guys thanks for the help an info.
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote