Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2023, 11:44 AM   #1
Ricefarmer
Established Member

M.O.C. #27892
Low water preasure at kitchen Fauset

We have very little water pressure at our kitchen sink Fauset, on our 2020 Montana. Has been that way since day one. As soon as you turn it on it has ok pressure but within a second it drops way down? bathroom sing is fair as is the shower. Does it have a water saver? doesn't seem to have anything blocking it.
Any Recommendation's?
We're on park Water with plenty of pressure, have no control pressure valve installed.

Ricefarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 12:07 PM   #2
Jay Merritt
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #30834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricefarmer View Post
We have very little water pressure at our kitchen sink Fauset, on our 2020 Montana. Has been that way since day one. As soon as you turn it on it has ok pressure but within a second it drops way down? bathroom sing is fair as is the shower. Does it have a water saver? doesn't seem to have anything blocking it.
Any Recommendation's?
We're on park Water with plenty of pressure, have no control pressure valve installed.
1. Look at the aerator screen to see if it has accumulated some debris.

2. Check the for a disconnect valve under the sink and make sure it is fully on.

3. Take the whole faucet apart and clean the valves to remove any debris.

4. Look in the under belly for a kink in the PEX line

Fulltimer Domicile: Florida SKP Resort, Wauchula, Florida
2016 Montana 3611 RL Legacy - 2000w Solar, Victron whole house power, 1200ah Chins LiFePO4, RV Armor roof, Verizon 5G Home Internet
Jay Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 02:19 PM   #3
Kyle and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Merritt View Post
1. Look at the aerator screen to see if it has accumulated some debris.

2. Check the for a disconnect valve under the sink and make sure it is fully on.

3. Take the whole faucet apart and clean the valves to remove any debris.

4. Look in the under belly for a kink in the PEX line
And check your water filter and control pressure valve
Kyle and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 05:00 PM   #4
Trevor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #29795
We have a 2020 3761 fl. Ours was the same way till we got an adjustable pressure gauge/ regulator and stashed the one that came with the camper. I set it at 45 psi and the pressure has been great ever since.
Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 05:43 PM   #5
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
The first and easiest I would check is aerator.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 04:59 AM   #6
MandK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28430
Had the same issue, no problem anywhere in the camper except the kitchen sink. Sometimes it would get better for a short period of time if I toggled the sprayer on and off. I removed the faucet head and took it apart and found a small piece of plastic wrap stuck inside above the aerator that was in the plumbing system from construction.
Unthread the faucet head from the pull down and see if you get good flow, if so, start there.
MandK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 09:55 AM   #7
Ricefarmer
Established Member

M.O.C. #27892
yep did that already, pretty sure its the pressure regulator, the drain under the sink had a kink in the line from the factory. Convinced this coach was built on a friday afternoon. Just had to replace the Black Water drain release valve. It had a kink in it also, wouldn't close all the way.
Was a cheep cable, bent it trying to activate it. New cable is allot stronger.
Old 07-04-2023, 09:57 AM   #8
Ricefarmer
Established Member

M.O.C. #27892
Thank You will do that next. Where is the pressure regulator located on the coach?
Old 07-04-2023, 12:01 PM   #9
Jay & Bobbie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #32306
My money would be on #4 above.
I would start by removing the rear panels of the basement and look around there first. The PEX water lines are a CF in there.
Jay & Bobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 12:44 PM   #10
Ricefarmer
Established Member

M.O.C. #27892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay & Bobbie View Post
My money would be on #4 above.
I would start by removing the rear panels of the basement and look around there first. The PEX water lines are a CF in there.
thanks will go look, CF ???
Old 07-04-2023, 01:47 PM   #11
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Quote:
thanks will go look, CF ???
CF = cluster fun…I think…maybe cluster farm…cluster fish…cluster fit…cluster foot? That’s not it either. It’s a term that applies to a tangled web of pipe and wire that makes no sense how it got there. Cluster mess?
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 02:26 PM   #12
Ricefarmer
Established Member

M.O.C. #27892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
CF = cluster fun…I think…maybe cluster farm…cluster fish…cluster fit…cluster foot? That’s not it either. It’s a term that applies to a tangled web of pipe and wire that makes no sense how it got there. Cluster mess?
Oh Yeah a Cluster ****, now I understand, DUH Just like it was when I was in the Army in V. Nam.
Yeah everything is enclosed, just like the cable to my Black Tank Valve was.
Pressure is not great at the bathroom sink or the shower either. Im prone to think its a pressure Regulator problem if there is one on this Rig. might try to call Keystone (they haven't been any help in the past) tomorrow. I don't believe there is a filter creating the problem.
Old 07-04-2023, 02:52 PM   #13
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Pretty sure Keystone does not install water pressure regulators on any of their lines. Unless you bought this rig used and the previous owner installed one, there is not a regulator in the rig. Do you use a regulator when you connect at campgrounds? If not, you really should. I always use a heavy duty adjustable one, and even on our property where we are now, the community water pressure coming in is at 100 psi, so that is way too high for any of these rigs.
rohrmann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 04:32 PM   #14
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Be sure to check the "filter" where the park water come into the coach. I also recall there is a filter at the connection of the faucet hose to the Pex lines. Check those also

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 09:03 AM   #15
Ricefarmer
Established Member

M.O.C. #27892
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrmann View Post
Pretty sure Keystone does not install water pressure regulators on any of their lines. Unless you bought this rig used and the previous owner installed one, there is not a regulator in the rig. Do you use a regulator when you connect at campgrounds? If not, you really should. I always use a heavy duty adjustable one, and even on our property where we are now, the community water pressure coming in is at 100 psi, so that is way too high for any of these rigs.
Thanks, we bought it New in 2020, Mdl 3740 FK. pressure here is city water supply , good pressure at outlet supply, called Keystone this morning, no help, as usual, said to take it to a repair station, Could be the 2 way valve or check valve, ask them for a schematic for location, said they can't do that.
Old 07-05-2023, 09:05 AM   #16
Ricefarmer
Established Member

M.O.C. #27892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
Be sure to check the "filter" where the park water come into the coach. I also recall there is a filter at the connection of the faucet hose to the Pex lines. Check those also
Thanks will try to locate a filter, it must be burried inside.
we bought it New in 2020, Mdl 3740 FK. pressure here is city water supply , good pressure at outlet supply, called Keystone this morning, no help, as usual, said to take it to a repair station, Could be the 2 way valve or check valve, ask them for a schematic for location, said they can't do that.
Old 07-05-2023, 12:13 PM   #17
Ricefarmer
Established Member

M.O.C. #27892
Quote:
Any Recommendation's?
WHAA-LAA!!!!! found it. It was a pressure regulator that Camping world had put in after we bought the Rig. Dumb me I forgot about it. Was a 40-50 lb regulator. Took it off like magic we have pressure for the first time. It must have been faulty.
Thank You everyone for the help.
Old 07-05-2023, 11:40 PM   #18
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
If that 'regulator' looks similar to this, it is nothing more than a restrictor, not a real regulator. Best used as a fishing weight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	regulator1.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	14916  
rohrmann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 03:36 AM   #19
Trevor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #29795
I agree. That was the culprit in our case also. We had the same problem. No pressure at the kitchen faucet , but pritty good everywhere else. I put on an adjustable one set at 45 psi and now it’s all good.
Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 06:52 AM   #20
Ricefarmer
Established Member

M.O.C. #27892
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrmann View Post
If that 'regulator' looks similar to this, it is nothing more than a restrictor, not a real regulator. Best used as a fishing weight.
yep verry similar