Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
RV net and Montana

For some reason there seems to be more Montana talk over there than any other brand. Folks looking at them, folks buying them and a couple of folks bad mouthing them.Most folks are defending and saying positive things about Montana even if they don't own one. The bad mouthers are folks who were ejected from here or never owned a Montana. You may want to go over there and take a look.

We have been a member of that forum about as long as we have been here...It is different but can be informative .

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

I enjoy visiting that site a lot but rarely ever post anything. They certainly let things go a lot further than they do here.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:34 PM   #3
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
I was a member over there since early 03, but haven't been over there in quite awhile. Frankly I just got tired of all the clickiness (is that a word) and BS.
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
PapaBeav, I wonder if you mean cliqueness - folks in their own unofficial clique and others have trouble becoming one of them. Everyone else feels like an insignificant outsider. I have heard this of some other forums, but don't know about RV.Net... If that's what you mean I kinda like that term. I'll have to remember that one.

As for BS... isn't that Bed Saver?
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:49 PM   #5
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
A very large forum with a good cross selection of many models. In many discussions they do get into pi##ing matches, that goes on and on and on, especially when a question comes up on quality and manufactures.
No matter what type of forum that is out there, it will always be dominated by a small group of people that tend to dominate and can turn away new comers --- descriptor for "clickiness".
8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Oh, you mean cliqueness or cliquieness? Okay it's a Sniglet, spell it anyway you can. Everyone know what a Sniglet is? But I think we are on the same page.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:19 PM   #7
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I post there a lot, and as others have said, you have to belong to that good old boy club at times, and I have been in many topics that got locked because of a few harsh comments by another, or a political statement. I have seen many topics about Keystone products, some bad and some good. I have communcated with a few that were on this Forum and they still have problems saying anything good about it.
I usually dont get involved with them by not replying to there comments.
But there are still a lot of good ideas out there about RVen and repairs.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #8
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
I check in there on a regular basis. Like most forums there are good posters and trolls.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:14 AM   #9
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
I/We browse over there a little bit each week but really don't devote toooo much time to it. I find that after dealing with our personal banking, then emails and of course checking out the MOC forum, which is #1, I feel I have spent enough time on the computer and must move on the many other demands of the day. Other priorities I guess, eh!!!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:36 AM   #10
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
I used to be a regular over there...but it's the same stuff all the time. Basically the same members making the same posts. Don't go over much any more.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:02 AM   #11
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Well I call RV.Net the Big Board, reason being there are so many smart people who have been there and done that. Montana's are a subject many time as said some good some bad. It is because when your the Big Dog on the block you will get many negative comments which will in some cases be not true.

But its so easy to pick out who and what they are saying. And there are some on RV.Net who in the past have been on the MOC. Just yesterday there was a post about Montana Mountaineer and Open Range, well its so very easy to compare the difference just by going to the web sites. But you sure can get into a Peeing contest in a NY minute. What most posters didn't know the two are built in the same area and most RVs use the same components.

I encourage research but if you ask a person which RV is best and they own Brand A, I know the answer before they answer. That is just human nature. I have met very few who will say their RV isn't the best. I know my 5th wheel isn't the best but its the best for me. I read many different Forums everyday, and I look forward to the comments, and have gained so much information and experience for those who have been there and done that. And when the comments is from hands on experience thats were we learn. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:47 AM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Humm. I do not notice any "good old boys club" over there. I am not a big time poster there but have not had a problem.. I post in the same tone I post here. I also belong to several forums. Rv and Truck.. I like the broad view of things.Haven't been booted off any forum yet but am close on one.. Escapee's. there is a Clique over there and Holy Moly if you should question one of them... Which of course I do.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:16 AM   #13
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Rich, I look over the fence once in awhile, but usually stay in my MOC neighborhood most of the time. The grass is greener here!!!
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:12 AM   #14
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
I watch RVnet quite a bit also and, Rich, yes your postings there are just like the ones here - I'll vouch for you.
I read what they have to say and hope I'll get something out of it, here and there.
On the MOC forum I take things as they are presented then check them out with a "grain of salt." Almost always, they are right on target!!
On RVnet I take things with a "shaker" of salt, then check out the ones that are not ridiculous.
Comparing other forums with MOC just isn't fair to them.
I don't post much on RVnet or others because, as I've always said, "I won't engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person."

Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:25 AM   #15
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Have never noticed any cliques on the Escapees forum. I do know that it is moderated pretty well and will let you go a long ways before cutting you off.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:36 AM   #16
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Rich,
Boy O boy is there ever a clique or two over on the Escapees. Cross one of the "good old boys club" and you're in trouble. But just as bad is that you post and are simply ignored. It's as if your post is invisible.

I don't go over to the RV Net much anymore. When first getting into the RVing thing that was the very first Forum I belonged to. But I left because they just flame each other too much. Fortunately I found the MOC and found a group of like mined folks. Well at least when it comes to knowing about the Montanas!

It's all good! Enjoy what works for you.
Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:08 AM   #17
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We agree with all that has been said. As I said we belong to several Forums and this one is without a doubt the best. I just like the broad view. Dennis..You know what I mean.. I was getting the real cold shoulder over there as I dared to question and disagree but that is just a challenge to me. If one looks at RV net you understand that all brand RV's have the very same problems. If you have never been off this forum one may get the notion that only Montana's have problems..
Old 02-12-2010, 10:37 AM   #18
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
It's possible that you may have run into one of Escapees who thinks he/she knows everything and you're not going to tell them anything. These are usually the lifetime members of Escapees. I am one of those but I sure don't know everything. When you think about it, I know very little and I continue to learn from every forum I visit. I think if you read and follow the Montana forum you will find some of the same things here. Whether you call them cliques or not, there are those who generally attend the rallies together and winter together a lot. This doesn't mean that it's a clique. It's just good friends assembled together and wanting to help each other.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #19
et2
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8920
I enjoy both sites. And I have been one of those "complaining" about "our" Montana,as I have here. We have not experienced the legendary sevice from Montana that many others speak about. I have never started the thread, just talked about the experience we have had when asked. Being informed is a good thing.

All said,I really love the layout and design of our 2009 3665RE. We just have had way to many issues for a one year old unit. Hopefully this next season we will really be able to enjoy it, as we are taking a trip from MI to Yellowstone.

If that makes me the bad guy ... so be it.
et2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:13 AM   #20
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Rich, I do agree with your comeback. To clarify, I do read the RVnet but rarely participate. My broad or global view seems to be getting smaller as I get older.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote