Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2005, 12:58 PM   #1
WD40DNT

M.O.C. #3957
Air Bubbles On Roof

As a retired truck driver I have seen a lot of Montana fifth wheels going down the road and they look great. I have also seen a lot of them with air bubbles on top of the roofs. Has anyone found a fix for this? Has there been any factory recalls for this problem?
Doug & Carolyn
Benton Arkansas
Shopping for a new rig

WD40DNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:42 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I don't think there has been a recall but the roof material is warranted for something like 12 years (maybe more) and the worksmanship for whatever the coach warranty is, or so I understand. I know when we were at the factory service center they were replacing a roof membrane. If the bubbles are not real big they can be reglued but if you see them going down the road they may or may not be too big for that. After the warranty period I don't know what would happen although Keystone is very good about standing behind the product. They naturally have to draw a line somewhere, though.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 07:23 AM   #3
Montana_1929
Established Member

M.O.C. #1929
I was on the roof of mine the other day and now I see not bubbles, but uplifting all the way across the roof at the joints/seams of the coach structure. Is this a concern for me? virtually every joint and from side to side.

Dave
Montana_1929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 08:36 AM   #4
Montana_2779
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2779
I might suggest contacting Keystone. They note that some bubbling is acceptable (expansion joints), but larger gaps should be inspected. Keystone was very helpful when we discussed the same issue with them last week. By the way, there's a couple of other recent threads on this. Good info in them!
Montana_2779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 04:31 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Dave, uplifting at the seams is supposed to be there from what I was told anyhow. It allows for movement between the two pieces of underlayment. I think your 2005 still has more than one piece up there. Our 2003 does. It has the lap in the rubber all the way across and has never changed. No problem so far.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote