Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2018, 10:38 PM   #1
jhardenbrook
Established Member

M.O.C. #17143
Upper Deck Failure

Our 2011 347THT has had major structure failure. The upper deck area that protrudes out to the pin box has a base plate that is on each side of upper deck that is welded to cross studs and also secured by large screws. The front cone was getting lower and lower to truck rail , to the point where cone was resting on top of pin box. I stopped and had a truck/trailer repair faculty check it out. They pulled down the upper deck covering and you could see the passenger side plate (about 5 inches wide and 4 feet long that runs from back of upper deck to front of cone. The passenger side had all the welds busted and was sagging down about 2 inches. The drivers side had a few busted welds and was sagging down about half an inch. They re-welded and after 500 miles and I noticed front getting lower again. Opened side of upper deck and could see some of the welds busted again. Called lippert and was advised to take to repair facility in Elkhart. (CHARGER ENTERPRISES). Lippert can come to site and see what’s needs to be done.

Past Warrantee and no offer to cover in cost. I don’t think good Sam extended Warrantee will cover, but will check.

Anybody have heard of these support plates breaking?

jhardenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote