Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-24-2004, 03:19 PM   #1
Montana_1450
Established Member

M.O.C. #1450
Broken Frame

Gee, it was nice to read that Montana took care of the broken slide for ols1932. We just had our own nightmare: We had trouble with the bedroom slide seeming cocked and one of the wheels came off the bed frame. We tried to find a place to get it checked out, but everybody seems busy right now, so we called our dealer (who does not have much of a repair facility). They told us to bring it in, and when they checked it out, it turned out to be a broken frame: every single weld that attaches the bedroom frame to the main frame was cracked and the bedroom was sagging down as much as one inch in the front (which caused the slide to twist). We are in the same frame of mind as ols1932: we love this trailer, have it fixed just the way we want it, so don't want to trade it in (and then still have all new problems again!). Our dealer, Paul Everts in Laughlin, NV,spent 2 days off and on, with us living in the trailer, to align the frames, get it all welded correctly this time, fix the splintered bed and sent us on our way: no bill they said, since it was not our fault if the factory did shoddy work. We are just lucky we found out before we might have taken off with the bedroom on the truck and the rest of the fiver left behind! Maybe everybody should check their frames ever so often!
We have had this Montana for 3 years and during this time whenever we needed help or had a problem, we could count on Paul Everts to be there for us. For anybody wanting to buy a Montana, I can only recommend this dealer.

Montana_1450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 04:30 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Sorry you had this experience, but it sounds like your dealer has his act together. Glad you were able to get repairs. Happy RVing and Merry Christmas.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 04:04 AM   #3
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Merry Christmas Ulrike. It's great to have a dealer you can trust. I have two short trips in the next month and then I am going to drop my panels and have a look.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 07:23 AM   #4
fla hobo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #166
Sounds like you have the same problem as us. I hope they get these fixed & right again.
fla hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 04:33 PM   #5
Montana_1450
Established Member

M.O.C. #1450
flahobo, are you telling me you also had a broken bedroom frame? What did you do about it? Did you get any help from Montana factory? How old was your rig when you had the problem?
Montana_1450 is offline   Reply With Quote