Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2013, 07:00 AM   #1
jrabbit
Established Member

M.O.C. #12435
Laminate flooring question

(Yes, i searched the forum before asking this question, but I didn't find the answer)

After weeks of reading and thinking, we tore out the carpet in back bunk room and bought 'floating style' laminate flooring for it. We went round and round on which boards to get and ended up getting 5/16" thick bamboo and a foam barrier for underneath.

The question i have now: is the slide action going to mark up the floor? Should we adjust the bolts outside that control the level of the extended slide? The board fits extra snug, when the barrier is under it. When we held it in place and moved the slide a few inches - there is a subtle indentation from the slide. Is that something we just 'live with' or is there something to do to prevent it?

We cut back the carpet right to the edge of the slide, but we don't see any way to cut it back any further.

Thanks for any words of wisdom!

jrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:42 AM   #2
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
I'm not familiar with your floor plan, but we put it in our old 2955 unit. The slider would come up and over the laminate with no problems...but the first time we ran it in we scratched the floor. On the floor of the slide outside they use to run long bolts up from the bottom into the walls. If the bolts are not square going in they leave an edge to tear up the floor. I ground these edges off and had no more problems. Before adjusting the bolts to raise the slide make sure you understand how it works before doing it. You don't want to get that thing out of adjustment. Good luck...JP
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:14 AM   #3
philhyde
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12265
Our floor plan is a bunkhouse model, and the rear bunk is the area of concern. Each bunk is on a slide (both sides).

Each bunk unit has two (adjustable) mount points on the exterior slide mechanisms, and it looks to me like the bunks rest (and glide) on the interface point of the floor and bottom of the bunk unit.

From what I have read elsewhere, the slide can be adjusted so that the unit glides 'up' slightly instead of flat across the floor.
philhyde is offline   Reply With Quote