Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > House Keeping
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2008, 02:00 PM   #1
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Hair Spray (Not the movie)

Ladies,

I'm developing my "shopping/stocking" list for the new baby and as I was writing it I included hairspray, but not for my hair (it makes it go flat for some reason) and decided to share what I use it for with you all.

IF you are unlucky enough to get an ink stain on clothing, upholstery, vinyl, etc. Spray liberally with hairspray (non-aerosol is easiest) and blot. If is clothing thoroughly saturate a second time and wash in washing machine (I use cold water). It REALLY works.

My miniature Schnauzer, Nina got "mad" at us for leaving her for too long (hey, we were at work earning a living) and got hold of a pen and chewed on it until it exploded all over our living room couch cushions. I had heard of hairspray being good for removing ink stains and decided to try it (otherwise a new couch would be necessary so the cost of the hairspray and my time was worth the experiment). I did the spray and blot thing (with rags) and then resaturated everything (including the rags) and threw it all in the washing machine...everything came out stain free!

I've used it in the car when one of us accidently marked the upholstery and it came out quite easily and a friends ink pen leaked all over his shirt when he had the pen in his pocket and I told him about this fix and while he was skeptical, as it was his favorite shirt, he tried it with the same success.

Anyway, one of those things that you won't need frequently, if ever, but it sure comes in handy when you do!

Robin

eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:12 PM   #2
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Used hairspray on a shirt just the other day because of hairspray. Worked like a charm. Didn't know you could use hairspray on car upholstery. Nice to know.
Tammy
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:03 PM   #3
Ms McGyver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8531
It won't take out permanent marker, but WD40 will. Of course, you're left with an oil stain then, so follow with Dawn dish washing detergent. It works, daughter marked on brand new ultra suede upholstery when she was 4.
Ms McGyver is offline   Reply With Quote