Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2005, 06:53 AM   #1
Gene Chaltry
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #735
3400 Owners

We went through quite a rainstorm yesterday. Open the Monty and found that the slide with the stove abd refrigerator soaked. Lots of water on the floor. Checked under all the slides and found that there was no "D" seal under that slide. Am I the only one or is everybody lacking that seal? Thanks in advance for all replies.

Gene Chaltry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 06:56 AM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We've not had any leaks and have been through some very heavy storms.
Sounds like a dealer call is in order.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 07:28 AM   #3
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
I had the same leak on my 3400. The repair place added more rubber sealant to the seal on the bottom and so far the leak has stopped. They found the gap in the seal by using a flashlight and looking for the light to come through the bottom of the seal.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 10:42 AM   #4
5rvers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4327
I haven't experienced any problems yet, but I just got my Monty last month I have not been through heavy rain yet. I will keep an eye out for it though.

Thanks,
5rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 12:32 PM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Another problem to look for when we get the new Montana..This list is getting very long..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 01:14 PM   #6
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
We had the same problem, our Dealer said that there was a missing gasket and they replaced it. To date we have not driven in any rain even though we were away for 7 weeks it was dry every time we were on the road. However, our Dealer says if we find it is still leaking they will look after it for us.
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 04:40 PM   #7
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
Thanks for the "heads up" on this. We have a new 3400 that will be going into the dealer for adjustments, a check-up, and winterizing next month. I will add a print out of this discussion to my list of things to be looked at.

Bill
Bill Frisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 04:57 PM   #8
cargary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1150
We haven't had any leaks in that area, but we sure had a problem with our bedroom slider leaking. It went on for 5 returns to our dealership. The tech's tried but everything failed until they ordered a new "flat" molding near the bottom of the slide on each side wall. The problem was that the original molding had a vinal insert in the middle of the molding and it was allowing the water the channel into behind the black seals where it dripped unto the carpet and of course the carpet "wicks" the water to the inside of the bedroom via the carpet. The problem is now fixed and no more water leaks in the bedroom. Good luck with yours.
Gary & Carole
cargary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 11:14 AM   #9
Montana_3768
Established Member

M.O.C. #3768
This last time out, we had two leaks in the slides. (Now in the dealer's shop to find and fix them and have not heard from them yet.) One leak was in the big slide in the overhead cabinet just above the couch. The water was coming in from the outboard wall through a seam in the wallpaper. It ran down the cabinet to the window then onto the back of the couch, window treatment, and floor. The second lead was somewhere in the bedroom shirt closet. The carpet on the floor was soaked and not sure where it came from. One person on the MOC site suggested that the outside seals may not have been laying flat - the edges still folded into the groove.
There was water on the floor in the entry way after we had closed the glides and started down the road. It may have been the seal problem with the kitchen glide as described above. I'm printing out this string to take to the dealer's service shop.
Montana_3768 is offline   Reply With Quote