Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2005, 07:27 AM   #1
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
Tacoma tires

Do all the Montana's have Tacoma tires and does anyone know how to find out where to get them. I did a search but still couldn't find a dealer. I have the one that had a hole plugged and will us it for a spare but I would like to be prepared.

ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 03:22 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Hello Ron,
No. Not all Montanas have Tacoma tires. We have the General Grabbers on ours. Others have different brands. Don't know where to find them other than a tire store. I had an ex truck driver tell me that he'd only use Tyco tires. I don't know a thing about them.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 09:20 AM   #3
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Ron,
It is my understanding Tacoma tires are warranted by Cooper Tire Co.
Good luck!
Weldon
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 02:32 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Goodyear Marathon on ours. Ron, if you happen to go to a different brand to replace that tire you might consider changing both tires on that axle. Awhile back I bought a used tire when we had a tire go defective and I needed another tire to get on the road. Our originals are load range D. I put a LR E tire on one end of an axle. Later we had an axle alignment problem. The Keystone Service Center pointed out the different rolling resistance of the tires on that axle threw the axle out of alignment. I would think different tread patterns might cause the same problem. Maybe someone with more tire experience can help on this.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote